• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda CF Wing specs?

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Just giving my input. I torqued to the 6.5 lb-ft amount with the OEM hardware.

I picked up the locking hardware from TSP and had an issue with the bit snapping and almost stripping out the head of one of the screws at around 5.5 lb-ft. That is so little force, there must have been a mfg defect in the security driver bit I had. Seems like an isolated issue, but TSP are revising their instructions to indicate a 4.5 lb-ft torque setting I believe.

It was a bummer when it happened, but TSP service is awesome and has made everything right.
So one stripped only? Was it user error or cheap product? Looking to get the CF wing also and might get these locking bolts.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
So one stripped only? Was it user error or cheap product? Looking to get the CF wing also and might get these locking bolts.
One almost stripped as I said, it is still usable and I was able to remove it without issue. I mean it can always be user error but I have been wrenching on cars a long time so IMO that isn't it. I used the correct tools and the MFG recommended torque specs. I think my issue was purely a mfg defect in the security driver.

I received the replacement screws and security bit from TSP and installed them just fine. I would only go to 4 ft-lbs max, they are very snug even at that small amount of torque. That or just carefully hand tighten until snug.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
One almost stripped as I said, it is still usable and I was able to remove it without issue. I mean it can always be user error but I have been wrenching on cars a long time so IMO that isn't it. I used the correct tools and the MFG recommended torque specs. I think my issue was purely a mfg defect in the security driver.

I received the replacement screws and security bit from TSP and installed them just fine. I would only go to 4 ft-lbs max, they are very snug even at that small amount of torque. That or just carefully hand tighten until snug.
Thank you for the quick response. Mulling over the cf wing and will get these locking screws if I do.
Sponsored