• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries

16 bit

First Name
bit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 11th gen
I'll take quality and reliability over convenience. Wired isn't great, but it's finicky by itself without introducing wireless to the mix. Plus better audio quality. I'm sticking with wired even if wireless is available. Too many bad experiences with this HU.
hi im curious, i have no idea what version of bluetooth the 11th gen carries and if it still runs in the legacy version (1.0 or 2.0) - then if it does, would it make a huge difference in audio quality if I connect my phone thru wired?
Sponsored

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
hi im curious, i have no idea what version of bluetooth the 11th gen carries and if it still runs in the legacy version (1.0 or 2.0) - then if it does, would it make a huge difference in audio quality if I connect my phone thru wired?
Depends on a few things; if you're using a typical streaming service then probably not. If you're using lossless audio then yes. All bluetooth codecs use some form of compression. I'm not sure which version of BT it uses unfortunately.

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
So, came up with a new idea. After studying a bit in college, I learned how to spoof certificates and hashes (hash collisions). Problem is, I need an APK that has an accepted certificate to copy it and make the head unit think it’s legit… maybe I could ask some friends in the Honda group (dealers and such).

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
So, came up with a new idea. After studying a bit in college, I learned how to spoof certificates and hashes (hash collisions). Problem is, I need an APK that has an accepted certificate to copy it and make the head unit think it’s legit… maybe I could ask some friends in the Honda group (dealers and such).
If you can packet sniff a URL with the head unit connected to Wifi (does it pull updates?) you might be able to get a trusted cert that works....

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
If you can packet sniff a URL with the head unit connected to Wifi (does it pull updates?) you might be able to get a trusted cert that works....
it all depends. It’s the same situation if you wanna steal data at a coffee shop. If it’s encrypted, it’s a no go. If it’s not, then it’s possible the certificate is only for Wi-Fi updates and stuff. If you wanted to install an APK, you’d need… wait… we have a list of authorized certs already. You can find them in the menu! Although I’m not sure which one is authorized for what

AegeanSea

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Just adding a comment so i can get update notifications. Continue the great work

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 civic si - 00 civic ex-03 honda pilot- 93 del s
I'm so waiting for this.... it was awesome in my 10th gen! I need this again!

endera

First Name
Ender
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA e HRV
Greetings, I have a honda 2022 model e-hrv hybrid. they have the same multimedia system. and these combinations seem to work. My question is the difference, but how can I activate this menu for automatic closing of the side mirrors?

dimayev4

First Name
Dmitriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
Hello! I have a 2022 Civic SI and want to contribute as well. Great stuff on here. I will spend some time and hopefully we can all get someplace!

cwhiteFL5aus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic
Great work here. Shame it seems to have gone quiet in recent months. Really keen to know what functions we might be able to enable/disable from the secret menus. I desperately want to disable the annoying disclaimer that comes up every time you turn the car on!

ryan9324

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic XI
Hey there, have you tried to follow the hidden menu? You can turn off the EQ and I think it gives a better sound.

1. Power off the radio
2. While holding down Phone and Connect, Press the power button 5 times.
3. Go into the Audio Check
4. Go into Speaker Check
5. Turn off the EQ.
6. Hit the back button
7. Hit the power button.

You will still have the option to play with treble, bass and mids. I don't know if its just me but I seem to have more output from my rear speakers and alot more Bass. I think its an improvement on sound but the sound on in this car is still pretty blah.
How to do this to 9” head unit?

Duca

First Name
Duca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500 Abarth, Mr2 Gti16
Hi all, i'm a new owner of an FL5 (2 days!!!) and i tried to do something with the HU. Now i could list all the apps available via USB attached and then i try to install them but the button is greyed out.
Hope to have time to goes further and have success. Any news on this?

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 20230531_165925

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 20230601_074802

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries 20230601_135557

Last edited:

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Hi all, i'm a new owner of an FL5 (2 days!!!) and i tried to do something with the HU. Now i could list all the apps available via USB attached and then i try to install them but the button is greyed out.
Hope to have time to goes further and have success. Any news on this?

20230531_165925.jpg

20230601_074802.jpg

20230601_135557.jpg
great find!

Duca

First Name
Duca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500 Abarth, Mr2 Gti16
At this time i was able to use an app via AndroidAuto that could enable videos while running (just for testing purposes!!). Also i was able to get all the apps on the phone visible but with no interactions on car's screen... ufff!!
Sponsored