• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 civic si - 00 civic ex-03 honda pilot- 93 del s
At this time i was able to use an app via AndroidAuto that could enable videos while running (just for testing purposes!!). Also i was able to get all the apps on the phone visible but with no interactions on car's screen... ufff!!
What video app?
Sponsored

Bighaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jazz
Has anyone been able to figure out a way we can skip the OK Button on the initial disclaimer screen? For all us "Commonwealth" citizens where Honda haven't enabled the "10 second turns off by itself" mode! So annoying.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Anyone have an update on this progress? I had a 2022 Civic Sport Touring that I traded for the Acura Integra Type S. Same hardware, and I would like to sideload apps.

I miss the customization of my Civic gauge cluster. The Integra is way more basic in that regard. I am assuming a hack for the headunit would be similar to the dashboard gauges. Maybe even tied to the HUD as well.

david.a3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T hatchback prestige
On page 2 of this thread you can change the EQ, loudness and ANC on the 7 inch base unit. On the 9 inch unit, there is a speaker test in the extended menu and here is only the test sound. Is it possible to change the ANC settings on this unit and the premium audio? I have a feeling it doesn't work at all in my car. Thanks

vlc_marcos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic XI EHEV
Hello all, I read here that there is an ANC option to turn on , can someone show how to get there please. Thank you

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 Racing Blue Euro spec
In Europe we also have this annoying speed limit reminder using traffic sign recognition. I can turn off traffic sign recognition, but after every restart it turns on again. EU regulation, they said.
I hope someone can figure out how to hack this.

I think, Duca, you might have the same problem?

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
Is there a way to turn off the speed limit reminder in US cars? It annoys me lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Is there a way to turn off the speed limit reminder in US cars? It annoys me lol
I think you can only adjust the range for when it flashes. For some reason mines constantly being triggered. 😆

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I think you can only adjust the range for when it flashes. For some reason mines constantly being triggered. 😆

Good to know, yeah mine’s also constantly blinking at me for some reason 😁

aporia24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2022 e:Hev

aporia24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 2022 e:Hev
Does this really work for all 11th gen civics?
I don't know, maybe you could try and let us know how you get on?

I've discovered that wireless Android Auto (AA) is actually exceeding simple in terms of how it works. So new Honda/Civics should have in-car wifi. The first time a phone activates AA in the car is through the USB cable - and bluetooth should be automatically/forcibly turned on by the AA app on the phone. This is because phone calls (whether on wired or wireless connections) are handled through bluetooth.

For AA to work wirelessly from this point on, it is actually wifi-direct (wifi in the car) that takes over AA, after a 'handshake' is done via bluetooth each time we enter the car. Wifi is used to handle AA because most apps cannot be supported by bluetooth alone, which doesn't have enough speed or bandwidth to show the relevant content.

So it's a must that both wifi and bluetooth need to be turned ON in the car AND the phone. If they're off on either side, wireless AA won't work. I've even managed to find my car's network SSID under General settings > Connections > Wi-fi > 'Set up' button - when I click on that, I saw the SSID and password already pre-existing.

This is all assuming that one has already turned on the 'Wiresless/USB' option from the hidden menu on page 1.
Just a note to not go into any Smartphone information page in the advanced hidden menus... I found that once those pages are accessed, even if nothing is changed, somehow wireless AA won't work again. In that case, I had to do a Factory reset (which takes about 5min to reboot) and to reconnect for AA to work again.
Sponsored