• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I would like to see what the manual shifter looks like. We have only seen the shifter from a Japan hatch and they could be different here.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Damn, Honda.... why couldn't you give us the 1.5T with this? Looks great but I'm not interested in the 2.0, nor am I interested in paying 30k for the ST.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I agree. Honda is totally screwing the pooch on this one. To get a turbo hatch with the sporty extras like exhaust tips and 18" wheels you have to spend $30,000 like you said. And making matters worse, this gen is noticeably slower.

I like the hatch's looks but with the weaker acceleration and 30K price tag there are other alternatives to look at.

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Interesting seeing the MFG/DLR plates from Indiana. The hatch is allocated to the Greensburg, Indiana plant, so this must be an early production sample.
It's funny that they still feel it necessary to put black tape over the badges, the car has already been revealed to the public.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Damn, Honda.... why couldn't you give us the 1.5T with this? Looks great but I'm not interested in the 2.0, nor am I interested in paying 30k for the ST.
I agree. Honda is totally screwing the pooch on this one. To get a turbo hatch with the sporty extras like exhaust tips and 18" wheels you have to spend $30,000 like you said. And making matters worse, this gen is noticeably slower.

I like the hatch's looks but with the weaker acceleration and 30K price tag there are other alternatives to look at.
et
Honda makes some silly decisions IMO. I have no issue with the Sport 2.0, but I think there is room for a Sport 1.5t in addition to the Sport Touring 1.5t as well.

The Civic hatchback line up consists of the LX, Sport, EX-L and Touring. Since there is no EX trim, why not offer the Sport with the 2.0 and 1.5t? Perhaps pull an Accord and offer the base Sport as is, but then equipped the 1.5t with more options...sunroof, BSM, rear seat armrest, etc. etc. That way people can still get into the 1.5t without going all the way up to the EX-L and ST.

It makes too much sense I suppose.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I understand they're figuring the 2.0 Sport will be the best seller. But in my opinion they should have left well enough alone. The entry level LX should have been the only one with a 2.0 engine. Then an EX model with the 1.5 turbo. Then the Sport 1.5 and the Sport Touring.

I find it super odd they dropped the EX-Leather option from the sedan yet kept it for the supposedly sportier hatch. IMO the only hatch with leather should have been the sport/lux Sport Touring model.

Honda's packaging has always been weird.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
It was never even possible to get a 2.0 hatch here in Canada for the 10th gen.

We had LX, Sport, Sport Touring. They all had the 1.5T and all had the full touchscreen display headunit.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Every day that goes by I’m liking it more and more. Can’t wait to see it in person.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
There’s hope for an SiR hatch if the Sport hatch is equipped only with the fan-favorite 2.0L.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Still pisses me off they went backwards with the hatch. Taking the 1.5t out of LX and Sport and giving it the 2.0 while charging the same money is just dumb. Plus getting rid of the bigger screen we had on the 20-21 is a big wtf as well.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Yeah. I want to like both 11th gen body styles like some folks do, but I keep ending up disliking them more. As others have mentioned, they've gotten better in some aspects like tech, but now seeing that they've apparently detuned the engine and downgraded engine options, it's really sad to see Honda drop the bag this time around IMO.