• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HondaLink issues...

iundeadlich

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Hi!

So I recently got a 2022 Honda Civic Si. Everything works execpt for HondaLink.
The headunit says the phone is connected BUT the account isn't connected to the car; eventhough I am signed in on my phone paired to the car via bluetooth. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with latest software/security patch: November 1, 2021.

I have tried the following things:
-Factory reset the headunit
-Uninstalled HondaLink on phone, restart phone
-Reinstalled HondaLink back onto phone, restart phone
-Pair bluetooth to car, restart phone
-Add vehicle to HondaLink, restart phone
-Sign into HondaLink Account, restart phone
Note: I've also tried connecting the car to my home's wifi along with the phone. I also tried using the car's built-in wifi that uses your phone's connection as a hotspot of some sort.

None of the things I did resolved this. However I've reached out to my dealer about this issue. They scheduled an appointment to take a look later this month.

Have any of your experienced any issues yourself with HondaLink? Is there anything else I can do to try and troubleshoot this?
Sponsored

Zayzayy

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen si
Hi!

So I recently got a 2022 Honda Civic Si. Everything works execpt for HondaLink.
The headunit says the phone is connected BUT the account isn't connected to the car; eventhough I am signed in on my phone paired to the car via bluetooth. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra with latest software/security patch: November 1, 2021.

I have tried the following things:
-Factory reset the headunit
-Uninstalled HondaLink on phone, restart phone
-Reinstalled HondaLink back onto phone, restart phone
-Pair bluetooth to car, restart phone
-Add vehicle to HondaLink, restart phone
-Sign into HondaLink Account, restart phone
Note: I've also tried connecting the car to my home's wifi along with the phone. I also tried using the car's built-in wifi that uses your phone's connection as a hotspot of some sort.

None of the things I did resolved this. However I've reached out to my dealer about this issue. They scheduled an appointment to take a look later this month.

Have any of your experienced any issues yourself with HondaLink? Is there anything else I can do to try and troubleshoot this?
Iā€™ve had the same issues. Did most of what you did to trouble shoot and still nothing have had my Si for about 5 days now and still nothing. If you ever figure it out let us know what the issue was.

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I never had a problem with wireless connecting to phone but did encounter the problem about one week ago (Dec 5). I had to do the refresh to get it fix. Not sure if this is what you all encountering. Mine is a 22 built in July. I wonder if it is compatibility per a new update in our phone.

OP
OP

iundeadlich

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
So just go my Si back today. Tech told me that vehical is doing it's job providing the info for the paired phone. And that the issue, is the phone isn't accepting the info from the car. And that the phone is too new on updates. Assuming that it's ahead of the vehical's headunit. I stated that the headunit has the lastest update. I also stated that the account isn't logged in on the vehical. They said it wouldn't have effect on the phone not accepting the info from the vehical.

They did open a case about this issue. They didn't use any other phone to verify if the car can even connect to other phones.. Odd....I would've liked to see if it could to connect to another phone that isn't a Samsung phone, just see if it is indeed the Samsung phone; which I highly doubt.

Note:
- Updated Samsung Note20 Ultra to Android 12. (Same issue occured while running Android 11, logged in with my account on phone.)
- Tried a Samsung Note20 with Android 12; same issue was replicated with a different account logged in on phone.
- Verified HondaLink version is up to date with latest version. Version 4.5.0. Lastest update as of 1/25/2022, last known version released was November 29 2021.

Tech said they would update me after they contact Honda. I will post again once I hear back from them.

OP
OP

iundeadlich

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I never had a problem with wireless connecting to phone but did encounter the problem about one week ago (Dec 5). I had to do the refresh to get it fix. Not sure if this is what you all encountering. Mine is a 22 built in July. I wonder if it is compatibility per a new update in our phone.
Does it show that the account is logged in on the vehical?
11th Gen Honda Civic HondaLink issues... 20220125_171751

22-Si

First Name
Utku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I also have the 22 si and I have the Iphone 13 pro max. The honda link on the car says the same thing. So, I reckon different phones will also have the same problem.

OP
OP

iundeadlich

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I also have the 22 si and I have the Iphone 13 pro max. The honda link on the car says the same thing. So, I reckon different phones will also have the same problem.

I have mentioned your issue to my dealer's service rep. They added a note about your Iphone 13 pro max not working as well.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
HondaLink is pretty useless on the Civic.
my thoughts exactly, it is lame.

The MySubaru app is fantastic compared to the Honda one. It allows me to locate my vehicle remotely when someone else is using my car, I can set the heater & a/c temps remotely, and lock and unlock the car remotely, auto-start, plus all of the normal stuff. I am anxious to play around with the new app that will be on my 2022 Subaru WRX to see if it has any additional features. I think that I heard you can locate and disable start on a stolen vehicle but I need to look into that more.
Sponsored

Last edited: