• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
If it isn’t your standard testing procedure then you should not put it out or you should be clear about the conditions. I’m not shilling for Honda or the 11th, but I work in publishing and I think that is irresponsible editing.
Do we actually know they did that? Or are you just guessing?

MT actually has testing/correction standards.Unlike other people/publications.

I have a funny feeling if MT posted more favorable times, you wouldn’t be complaining.

to be clear, I have no doubt poor prep would hurt ET and 60, but it wouldn’t hurt the trap speed nearly as much. Especially if they are correcting for weather conditions as MT does.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I saw on another website that the two Civic Si's campaigned at the 24 hours of Thunderhill by Honda both blew their engines using a previous generation tune. Does anyone know the cause(s)?

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Golf R
Are they trying to say 220 wheel? Yeah I’ll wait for some other dyno sheets before I believe Honda underrated the car by 40 crank horsepower. That would be a real stroke of marketing genius. The Hondata dyno is known to be … um, generous and Doug is a hype man.
Why would Hondata overstate baseline when it would make their gains that much harder to obtain and sell?

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Why would Hondata overstate baseline when it would make their gains that much harder to obtain and sell?
Maybe to inflate the overall higher numbers? My butt dyno doesn't jive with the ~225 horsepower claim from some of the dyno-tested cars we are seeing online.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Crank hp vs wheel hp. Know the difference.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Hondata’s dyno doesn’t measure crank HP. It just reads really, but consistently, high.

Minus 12-ish percent for a more typical dyno jet number.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Hondata’s dyno doesn’t measure crank HP. It just reads really, but consistently, high.

Minus 12-ish percent for a more typical dyno jet number.
They apply a correction factor to approximate crank horsepower.

Yes, it ends up about 10% higher than a roller dyno, but they’re literally measuring different things.