• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Viet_Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
SOURCE: https://www.thedrive.com/news/hpds-2022-honda-civic-si-is-a-55000-turnkey-race-car

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD Honda Performance Offering Race Ready 2022 Honda Civic Si for $55K 11GEN-Si-3

HPD’s 2022 Honda Civic Si Is a $55,000 Turnkey Race Car
Who would you trust more to prepare a Civic race car than Honda Performance Development itself?

June 15, 2022

Honda Performance Development announced Wednesday a new turnkey race car based on the redesigned 2022 Honda Civic Si. It's a ready-to-race touring car, and it has already proven itself with a pair of race wins.

The 2022 HPD Civic Si FE1 is assembled by HPD itself, using a body-in-white (a bare unibody) diverted from the production line to the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio, where the Acura NSX and PMC Edition models are built. There, HPD performs a sunroof delete, and throws out weight-adding road car comforts such as soundproofing, seam sealer, insulation, and underbody coating. Instead, it installs a full roll cage, a fuel cell, and "selected" safety parts to guarantee the driver's survival should the worst happen.

Then, of course, it gets to the fun stuff you look forward to using on the track. To the Civic Si's 1.5-liter L15CA turbo-four, HPD affixes a strengthened six-speed manual transmission, built to take the strain of track use. The engine itself runs on Motec electronics (top-of-the-line stuff), and breathes through a performance exhaust, providing momentum to carry the car through corners on enhanced suspension.

HPD doesn't say exactly what it changed, but it's evidently working as the test car has taken a pair of wins and multiple class podiums in the TC America Series.

The HPD Civic Si will sell for $55,000, and requires a $25,000 deposit, with deliveries beginning in November. Looks like Honda wants the glory to belong to itself for the 2022 season, and you can't blame it in the slightest.

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD Honda Performance Offering Race Ready 2022 Honda Civic Si for $55K 11GEN-Si-3
11th Gen Honda Civic HPD Honda Performance Offering Race Ready 2022 Honda Civic Si for $55K 11GEN-Si-4
11th Gen Honda Civic HPD Honda Performance Offering Race Ready 2022 Honda Civic Si for $55K 11GEN-Si-1-Copy
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Just…why?
SRO TCA racing. Its like the GT3 series but for less powerful street cars.

Personally I would love to get one of these if I had the resources for a dedicated track car. I like it way better than the Miata Cup Car. The consumables and upkeep on this would be insanely low and it would be so fun to drive. I just don't have the space for another car, a trailer and a truck to tow it along with a bunch of tools to service it.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
This car is just awesome. It's everything we enthusiasts want and need in a car from a badass'ery standpoint.

At the track, a car like this with a decent enough driver will wipe the floor with more powerful cars like M2's and RS3's, I can promise you that. Less is more. Not sure if I missed it, but this thing must be south of 2,800 lbs, no? - If so, it's a steal at $55k.

Like, you don't have to mod because everything is already as modded as can be. And the fact that it's factory-modded is icing on the cake.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Love it! If you are competing in that class, this has to be a no brainer.