• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

boucher

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
This thread is great guys. I was already planning to diy my spoiler because the instructions didn't look too complicated, but the extra insight makes me feel much better about it. Now it just needs to hurry up and get off backorder...

A question though, is the "HPD" a sticker, or is it like etched into the plastic?
Sponsored

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
This thread is great guys. I was already planning to diy my spoiler because the instructions didn't look too complicated, but the extra insight makes me feel much better about it. Now it just needs to hurry up and get off backorder...

A question though, is the "HPD" a sticker, or is it like etched into the plastic?
It is a quality sticker that can be removed easily if want to which i did.

Also for the DIY on the spoiler, if you don't know how to deal with problem and don't have enough tool. It is my suggestion to let the dealer handle it. It is a pain in the butt and time consuming job.

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
This is definitely helpful. Plan on installing my own once one becomes available. $399 is part only, most dealerships will charge labor on top of that, I think the dealerships near me charge something like $597 (2h labor + cost of part).

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hence why I'll be using actual 6mm Riv-nuts instead of those cheapo "Jack-nuts" they provide.
Just noticed these have come back in stock, what size rivet nuts are you going to buy that will work? I don't know the thread or length on those bolts, and I'd like to take as little chance on parts as I can... that or have alternatives just in case.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Just noticed these have come back in stock, what size rivet nuts are you going to buy that will work? I don't know the thread or length on those bolts, and I'd like to take as little chance on parts as I can... that or have alternatives just in case.
mine is still on backorder since Dec when I ordered it. I picked a rough color 🤣 Doesn’t look like I’ll be doing anything, anytime soon.🤷🏻‍♂️

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine is still on backorder since Dec when I ordered it. I picked a rough color 🤣 Doesn’t look like I’ll be doing anything, anytime soon.🤷🏻‍♂️
Oof... White wasn't my first choice but I like the white and black look. Maybe I'll just order it and wing it for now, get the tool and the cutting bit I need, and I should be set. Maybe I'll record the installation or at the very least take photos.

EDIT: Ordered... Cheaper to get from CollegeHills than to pickup locally and that's paying the $90 shipping. Now to order the tools for it and go from there.

Last edited:

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Last edited:

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine at www.oempartsourse.com at $272.92 and shipping is very reasonable. Also got this hole saw/arbor from McMaster-carr .. https://www.mcmaster.com/hole-saws/hole-saws-for-sheet-metal-11/ very high quality !
I also have a 1 5/16th hole saw was wondering if this will work being only 1mm off ?
1 5/8th is recommended or 35mm. 1 5/16th is indeed 1mm smaller and may make installation hard if not impossible as I think there are seals and fittings that go into the opening. I'd get the 35mm or you may have problems installing.

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1 5/8th is recommended or 35mm. 1 5/16th is indeed 1mm smaller and may make installation hard if not impossible as I think there are seals and fittings that go into the opening. I'd get the 35mm or you may have problems installing.
Did you mean to say 1 3/8th = 35mm

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question is would 1 mm interfere with the divots in the bracket that fits into the hole.. would it be flush ...

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question is would 1 mm interfere with the divots in the bracket that fits into the hole.. would it be flush ...
It might not make a tight seal, the gaskets provided are for a 35mm opening and if not done right could mean water in your hatch. I'm not a technician but I know water seals are temperamental if they aren't flush.

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, finished installing mine last night. You may have fitment issues with the metal struts that make up the structure of the spoiler arms. They have circular domes on them where the screws pass through to secure them down, and adhesive to seal it in place once it is positioned. So there's a slight chance they don't seat down all the way but that's about it. Figured I'd follow up since I now have actually done the installation.

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoiler Installed. Wish I had better pics but here's what I do have. I did vinyl wrap the arms (HPD Stickers are very stretchy but came off pretty easily).

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD spoiler INSTALL on 2022 CIVIC HATCHBACK - DIY writeup & pics SpoilerInstalled

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD spoiler INSTALL on 2022 CIVIC HATCHBACK - DIY writeup & pics SPArm

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD spoiler INSTALL on 2022 CIVIC HATCHBACK - DIY writeup & pics SpoilerArmInstalled

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, finished installing mine last night. You may have fitment issues with the metal struts that make up the structure of the spoiler arms. They have circular domes on them where the screws pass through to secure them down, and adhesive to seal it in place once it is positioned. So there's a slight chance they don't seat down all the way but that's about it. Figured I'd follow up since I now have actually done the installation.
Thank You for that .Looks Great ! I went ahead and ordered the right size hole saw.

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One other question...did you use the jacknuts that came in the kit,and any problems with them if you did use them ? I have some 6mm stainless rivet nuts that I'm going to use but do not know if I can until I drill and see the size of the holes.
Sponsored