• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No drill HPD spoiler installation on hatch?

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Im really itching to put one of the OEM HPD spoilers on my 24 hatch, but am really not crazy about drilling two holes in the hatch. It's a lease, and don't want to tempt the infamous water leak.
Has anyone done a drill-less install with just the VHB tape? Is there anywhere to add additional tape, or replace the included tape with stronger tape? Or is this just a bad idea period?
I know I can do a duckbill or similar but I really like the look of the HPD.
Thanks
Sponsored

GIChoe

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Si
What state do you live in? Just asking so that I can avoid driving behind '24 hatches with the spoiler.

OP
OP
sterminare

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What state do you live in? Just asking so that I can avoid driving behind '24 hatches with the spoiler.
Seems unnecessarily snarky, lest someone asks a question.
Lots of non-functional spoilers mount with just tape, I'm looking for advice on if that's appropriate for this one or not. If the answer is no then so be it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Deck lip maybe with tape. I don't think I'd trust a full blown spoiler with just tape.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
Yeah I agree with the gent above, wouldn't do anything beyond a lip spoiler with tape alone.

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Everyone has their preference. My personal opinion the rear/side view of this car without the HPD Spoiler just looked weird/off. Didn't like the looks of it at all. Put a HPD spoiler on it ( Dealership installed, requires 6 large holes drilled, They had experience installing >30 prior to mine ) and never had a regret. Aside overly loving it for the fact that every vehicle ever in the rearview mirror doesnt blare headlights at your anymore ( Height of spoiler is in-line with headlights ) It amuses me how much a "small change" makes people speak up. Coming from a Chevy-Spark, I never had a vehicle that people come-over in parking lots / gas stations complimenting the looks of the car and loving the spoiler. Not that I drive a car according to what other people think, It'll have full boltons and custom tune soon enough.

That said, there's a lot of tape on the HPD spoiler install, but I venture it's more for keeping water out and reducing misc vibrations. Considering the main support is 2X metal braces with 3 bolts each.

My bias opinion I never understood people liking duckbills/lips. Aside the fact its tacky taped-on crap ( Yes, I know nowadays even car manufacturers tape stuff on ) I just never cared for the looks of them. Maybe its because most people in my area who drive straight-piped ricers are running lips, I just tend to see them and think its a silly ricer-look. Seen a couple, absolutely hated it on the hatchback. Looks *okay* on the sedan if I had to force myself to say it xD

OP
OP
sterminare

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone has their preference. My personal opinion the rear/side view of this car without the HPD Spoiler just looked weird/off. Didn't like the looks of it at all. Put a HPD spoiler on it ( Dealership installed, requires 6 large holes drilled, They had experience installing >30 prior to mine ) and never had a regret. Aside overly loving it for the fact that every vehicle ever in the rearview mirror doesnt blare headlights at your anymore ( Height of spoiler is in-line with headlights ) It amuses me how much a "small change" makes people speak up. Coming from a Chevy-Spark, I never had a vehicle that people come-over in parking lots / gas stations complimenting the looks of the car and loving the spoiler. Not that I drive a car according to what other people think, It'll have full boltons and custom tune soon enough.

That said, there's a lot of tape on the HPD spoiler install, but I venture it's more for keeping water out and reducing misc vibrations. Considering the main support is 2X metal braces with 3 bolts each.

My bias opinion I never understood people liking duckbills/lips. Aside the fact its tacky taped-on crap ( Yes, I know nowadays even car manufacturers tape stuff on ) I just never cared for the looks of them. Maybe its because most people in my area who drive straight-piped ricers are running lips, I just tend to see them and think its a silly ricer-look. Seen a couple, absolutely hated it on the hatchback. Looks *okay* on the sedan if I had to force myself to say it xD
I feel like the back of the hatchback is a little too egg-shaped as it comes, the back end has enough styling with the tailights/bar and everything but from the side... eh. Which is why I really like the HPD wing. The only other boost-blue civic I've seen since getting mine is a hatch with the spoiler, parked next to him and seen them side-by-side and I really want the spoiler now..

I plan on staying away from lips/ground effects but I dont find them offensive personally, I do like the duckbills though especially in black with the blue. Might be a good middle ground for me if im not willing to drill into the hatch.

I had an '86 camaro followed by an '07 hyundai accent, the camaro got more comments, the accent got zero, but I've already gotten a couple comments on the color, I went to test-drive this one before ordering a sonic gray, really didn't like the blue in the photos, but when I saw it in person I knew I had to have it
Sponsored