• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Ordered from College Hills Honda. Official install instructions guide can be found here.

11th Gen Honda Civic HPD spoiler INSTALL on 2022 CIVIC HATCHBACK - DIY writeup & pics Screenshot_20211225-120534_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install pics coming in a few days.

My investment in just the spoiler kit with tax and shipping was $356. So at $399 installed by Honda. I recommend everyone to have it installed at your Honda Dealer. But for your curiosity I'm going to share a few steps. Do keep in mind your Dealers will have also very little experience in this type of installation. ?? So inspect the area of the install for possible installation mistakes. ?‍♂

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I installed one of these on Thursday. It is pretty straight forward. The only tricky part for a DIY’er will be installing the jack nuts since you need a special tool. Also, definitely need someone else to hold the spoiler while you press the legs down into place. You want everything to line up perfect and not be cocked.

KVR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatch EX-L
I was reading the install instructions and read use touch up paint for the scratches. Was thinking of having one installed until I read that.

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I was reading the install instructions and read use touch up paint for the scratches. Was thinking of having one installed until I read that.
You only need touch up paint because of the hole saw. You’re only suppose to go in 4mm deep otherwise it will touch the vehicle body under the plastic piece you’re drilling. You cannot see this from the outside.

I didn’t need touch up paint on a couple holes because I was going slow, and if I did, it was only a small dab so that it won’t rust.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Install guide can be found here

Dealer calls for 1.2 hours installed, could be more or less depending on your experience

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Install guide can be found here

Dealer calls for 1.2 hours installed, could be more or less depending on your experience
Dealers are going about 2hrs if it’s customer pay after vehicle purchase.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Damn really? Dealers sit at 1.2 hours regardless if it's CP or INT...well in Canada they do

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got it. I am planning to "Not" use the Jacknuts as I don't have the tool. Looking into stainless washers and locknuts with removing the interior trim. Those jacknuts look really cheap and could have future issues. Plus if you strip one out? You're Ffffffff udged??

I installed one of these on Thursday. It is pretty straight forward. The only tricky part for a DIY’er will be installing the jack nuts since you need a special tool. Also, definitely need someone else to hold the spoiler while you press the legs down into place. You want everything to line up perfect and not be cocked.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I'm ordering the darn tool. ?? To be continued... ?‍♂
Sponsored