• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I might be weird… like older Civic badging with connected lettering

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
I removed the Civic badge from the trunk of my ‘22 Si shortly after I got it. I’ve been noticing older Civic badging and thought I might want one of the connected ones. Once I started searching I saw the cursive Civic and zoned in on that! Turns out the one I got from eBay looks to be NOS from mid 90s. It’s got the factory packaging with the part# sticker attached.
11th Gen Honda Civic I might be weird… like older Civic badging with connected lettering 53BDF7D7-F926-47C3-9645-62F6272DCE0E
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Cursive letters and decals on cars had their time in the 90’s. I understand the nostalgia, but it’d look really out of place on a new car TBH…which is why you almost never see it done anymore. Cadillac is the only car brand that comes to mind, but they almost never use the cursive “Cadillac” logotype anymore. To each their own though. If you like it, that’s truly all that matters. 🙂

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I removed the Civic badge from the trunk of my ‘22 Si shortly after I got it. I’ve been noticing older Civic badging and thought I might want one of the connected ones. Once I started searching I saw the cursive Civic and zoned in on that! Turns out the one I got from eBay looks to be NOS from mid 90s. It’s got the factory packaging with the part# sticker attached.
53BDF7D7-F926-47C3-9645-62F6272DCE0E.jpeg
DO what pleases you., f what people think.
My front and rear Honda emblems have white reflectives on so they glows when being shine on at night :)

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I actually agree with you - love the old cursive style.

Was reminded how good it looked watching an Everyday Driver episode with a 90's Supra, and seeing that cool cursive SUPRA lettering in the back.
No cursive fonts on this forum, but you get the idea.

Way more charm. Kind of like someone signed their work.

Right after something stylistically goes away, it just looks dated. 20 or 30 years later- it somehow works again.

Don't really subscribe to the ' it had it's day' philosophy. Unless it was a bad idea originally, in which case it never really had its day.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Of course, cursive letters look period correct on a car of the period. Agree it is super cool and nostalgic in that scenario. @Cornercarver

Share pics after you’ve installed the logo! @KevCarver I’ll reiterate, that if you like it, no one else’s opinion matters (including my own).

What you might consider doing is blacking out the chrome (gloss black). It could give you just the right balance of old school cool with a modern twist. Just an idea.🙂
Sponsored