• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

In transit time, eta unknown?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello! Anyone know how long it takes once it is in transit? My dealer is showing the ETA is still pending. Thank you!
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Hello! Anyone know how long it takes once it is in transit? My dealer is showing the ETA is still pending. Thank you!
In our system, once the car is built, the ā€œorderā€ for that vehicle gets assigned the VIN number, and the ā€œbuild ETAā€ switches to ā€œpendingā€, and it stays that way for a little bit while they stage vehicles and make scheduling arrangements for transport, etc.

Once all the logistics are sorted out, the status will change again and show the dealership a new ā€œlandingā€ date range which is when they could roughly expect the car to arrive at the store.

But to answer your question, with so many variables in play, its hard to approximate. The dates and status just change when they changeā€¦ ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP
findingclarity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That makes a lot of sense! Thank you.
So it could be a month before I see my Si? Who knows?

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
When I "ordered" my Si, I was told the the dealership was getting 2 cars allocated to them about a month apart. I filled out a little bit of paperwork and put a refundable $500 deposit. A week or two later I got a call from the sales guy that my car was going to be shipped and would arrive at the dealership a week or two after that. The total time from deposit to delivery was less than a month. One thing though was that they wouldn't let me put a deposit down on the car until they had a vin.

OP
OP
findingclarity
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I will check with the dealer tomorrow if it has moved away from pending. Since the car is built already I am hoping to see it before the end of the month. I will keep you guys posted.

addy27190

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
In our system, once the car is built, the ā€œorderā€ for that vehicle gets assigned the VIN number, and the ā€œbuild ETAā€ switches to ā€œpendingā€, and it stays that way for a little bit while they stage vehicles and make scheduling arrangements for transport, etc.

Once all the logistics are sorted out, the status will change again and show the dealership a new ā€œlandingā€ date range which is when they could roughly expect the car to arrive at the store.

But to answer your question, with so many variables in play, its hard to approximate. The dates and status just change when they changeā€¦ ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Hey there, what you say makes a lot of sense.

I am waiting to pick up my Si. Honda website says "In transit" when i do a local inventory search. My salesman has given me the actual VIN and says it could arrive any day now but he has no idea on an approximate ETA. Question is, don't all dealers get the same kind of information from honda ? Like why would my salesman say it could arrive any day when Honda hasn't updates their status with an approximate ETA ? Or is that ETA not always published by Honda.

I am slightly concerned because I have lengthy travel plans and i would obviously want to pick up the car before i have to travel.

Having said that, what is more likely, the car reaching my dealership in a week or a month ? Located in Detroit area, Michigan if that helps. It's not very far from the Canada factory but who knows how the logistics all work :D

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Hey there, what you say makes a lot of sense.

I am waiting to pick up my Si. Honda website says "In transit" when i do a local inventory search. My salesman has given me the actual VIN and says it could arrive any day now but he has no idea on an approximate ETA. Question is, don't all dealers get the same kind of information from honda ? Like why would my salesman say it could arrive any day when Honda hasn't updates their status with an approximate ETA ? Or is that ETA not always published by Honda.

I am slightly concerned because I have lengthy travel plans and i would obviously want to pick up the car before i have to travel.

Having said that, what is more likely, the car reaching my dealership in a week or a month ? Located in Detroit area, Michigan if that helps. It's not very far from the Canada factory but who knows how the logistics all work :D
My dealer is in Ithaca, NY; less than 300 miles from the factory. It came by truck all the way and it took 2 weeks. It went from status "pending transit" to just showing up at the dealer with no updates in between.

addy27190

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
My dealer is in Ithaca, NY; less than 300 miles from the factory. It came by truck all the way and it took 2 weeks. It went from status "pending transit" to just showing up at the dealer with no updates in between.
okay that helps a lot. I bet thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen in my case. My salesman today said the same thing about the status showing ā€œpending shipmentā€ but heā€™s still adamant in that it could show up anytime.

when you say two weeks, whatā€™s your reference for start of that two week period ? Is that when the build finished and it came off the assembly line ? Thanks again !

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
okay that helps a lot. I bet thatā€™s whatā€™s going to happen in my case. My salesman today said the same thing about the status showing ā€œpending shipmentā€ but heā€™s still adamant in that it could show up anytime.

when you say two weeks, whatā€™s your reference for start of that two week period ? Is that when the build finished and it came off the assembly line ? Thanks again !
Two weeks starting from when the status changed to pending transit

groover000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
My Si was built on 3/2 and changed to shipped on 3/5 with a delivery date of pending. My salesman told me it should arrive on 3/28 (to Las Vegas) about a week after it shipped. It ended up arriving a week early on 3/21.

addy27190

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
My Si was built on 3/2 and changed to shipped on 3/5 with a delivery date of pending. My salesman told me it should arrive on 3/28 (to Las Vegas) about a week after it shipped. It ended up arriving a week early on 3/21.
Alright. May be I need to find out the exact build date of mine. I donā€™t even know when it first went into ā€œpending transitā€. And still not sure why my salesman says it could arrive any day when on average itā€™s been taking 2-3 weeks for people.

addy27190

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Alright. May be I need to find out the exact build date of mine. I donā€™t even know when it first went into ā€œpending transitā€. And still not sure why my salesman says it could arrive any day when on average itā€™s been taking 2-3 weeks for people.
Another couple of questions if anyone can chime in:

- Honda websites current inventory status for the Si in my color has changed from ā€œ1 in transitā€ to my dealer to ā€œWe can help you find itā€ which means none available. I am assuming this simply means my dealer has marked the car sold in Hondas system and hence it doesnā€™t show up ?
- When I decode the VIN using Honda-tech.com, the invoice price shows up as $27,300. For the Sonic grey pearl I chose, that shouldnā€™t that be $395 more ? I just want to make sure Iā€™m not given any false information by my dealer. Either the Invoice price is wrong or the color I am being told is not the one they are getting.

appreciate any feedback ! Thanks !

Racer9

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RR FL5
I put a deposit on one of the dealer allocation at end of January. The sales person notified me that they had a build date of 3/13 at the end of February. The build date was later moved to 3/21-3/24. The car was in transit status on my dealers website on 3/24, and they provided me with a VIN number. The car arrived at the dealer - Raleigh, NC on 4/14 via Buffalo (Port of Entry) and Baltimore (Delivery Point - from train). I've put 700+ miles on it since. It was worth the wait.

Hope this helps those waiting and in similar geo.
Sponsored