• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Infotainment issues while on phone?

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (Color: SGP)
That's so weird... Maybe it's a apple/android issue...
I do not think it is a phone issue. My other car is a VW Tiguan and the wireless CarPlay never skips a beat and is very fast to respond. I think Honda will need to do an over the air update for this one. I have this issue in my type r as well. I feel the car does it when I need the gps the most 😂☠.
Sponsored

Romeroha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Boost Blue)
Yup, same here. It's a crapshoot as to how long it'll take before the screen tearing happens, but it always happens.

Curious to see if this is exclusively a CarPlay issue - wonder if Android Auto has the same problem.
I have a Fold3 and had it happen once but it reset itself and hasn't happened again

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
My Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G has completely frozen and restarted on its own while connected wirelessly through Android Auto.
This has happened three times while either replying to a text message or opening Microsoft Teams on my phone.

Anyone else experience an issue like this?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So turns out this is a problem for other vehicles as well and the fix is an infotainment firmware update. Hoping Honda works on this ASAP.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254248775

That seems more speculative than anything.

99% of the time this is a phone issue. Often Apple will have an update and the customer will tell me out of the blue their car play doesn't work. I ask them to update their phone and it fixes it.

I have seen however where the issue is a software update but I've only seen that on the previous generation Accord. The screen would reset, often after taking the car out of reverse or just randomly.

I hope it gets solved for you all. I know just how frustrating it can be.

I have not and any issue and I would go as far as to say this has been the most solid experience of wireless Android auto and Android auto period that I have experienced. (Fold4).

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
14PM here - no issues until I jokingly called for Siri (I don't use that junk) and since then I've been getting the graphical corruption too. Waze was unusable today even after restarting the car and app. Might be an app issue as I had no problems with several others, ie Spotify would still display normally. I normally just use Gmaps but they don't have the po-po warning Waze does so I use that for road trips - definitely saved me from one trap on the drive back from picking it up.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
That doesn't mean it's not the phone Noize, VW uses different software. I'd wager it IS the Honda software but it also could be something with the Airplay drivers too.

TheTopher

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
This pixelated carplay bug has been happening to me on the regular in my Type R. I saw it happen in the '23 Accord we tested last week, and it did the same thing briefly in a '23 Volvo S60 T8 yesterday. First time I've seen it in something besides a Honda.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I haven't come across customers complaining about it yet

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
What's the best way to report this to Honda? I don't currently have a local dealer.

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
Just experienced this yesterday for the 1st time. Car has just over 600 miles and I was in the middle of a 3 hour round trip drive yesterday. Spent most of it having to hit the home button and then back into Carplay to get it to not look like it was melting my screen... Quite annoying.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
is there an update for the software on our CARS? i thought i saw that was an option. if so, have any of you queried an update?

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
DuhHhH WhY dIdN't I tHiNk Of ThAt.. I know.. but just in case for that one person..

1. Make sure your phone has the latest OS update.
2. Settings > General > CarPlay > Delete the car you're troubleshooting
3. Turn off the car & your phone. Start both up fresh.
4. Go back to Settings > General > CarPlay
5. Connect your phone via USB.
6. Select your car when it pops up. If your infotainment needs an update, it will prompt you to do so.
7. Select the car and verify that Allow Carplay While Locked is enabled.

Anytime I experieced the exact issue in my ol' WRX, I followed these steps and the issue would go away. The first time it went away for a whole year.. the 2nd after a few months (after iOS 16). I knew what I was getting into by updating the the new OS. 😅

charlesca

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R. 2017 Acura NSX.
This fixed it for me. Waze works fine now without this pixilation issue.

For apple car play and Waze. I noticed an issue where the screen would get all fuzzy randomly.

Go to apple iPhone settings, general, CarPlay, find the car, customize, REMOVE google maps from that list
Sponsored