• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Infotainment issues while on phone?

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
Has anyone seen this happen to their fl5 infotainment system when in CarPlay while also on the phone? I’ve seen comments saying infotainment spazzing out but idk if this is what they’re referring to
11th Gen Honda Civic Infotainment issues while on phone? 82A2B3A8-589D-4887-925C-1DBB1FEFCA00

Update: I read some other forums and videos for the Honda infotainment system in general (for pilots, accords, etc)- seems like a factory reset fixed the issue for now and decreased the lag. For the other Hondas there was a trick to doing factory reset of putting the car in reverse while turning the car on and off or something, I'm guessing there wasnt a setting to reset in the infotainment system itself. I just tried in settings to do the factory reset and for now the Honda GPS and carplay google maps works fine, no freak outs and no lag. For now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

endolp

First Name
Jadon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yup, same here. It's a crapshoot as to how long it'll take before the screen tearing happens, but it always happens.

Curious to see if this is exclusively a CarPlay issue - wonder if Android Auto has the same problem.

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Does it without being on the phone. I always have to close out and go back in. Once it starts I know I'm screwed for the rest of the trip.
Damn haha first time happened to me and I’m like wtf…
By closing it out what do you mean? Like turning off the car?

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
my old ass iphone 11/12 mini did this. After changing to S23, Android Auto has been doing great without breaking screen :)

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Any resolution? This is happening constantly.
No fixes as far as I know, but it hasn’t done it for some time now for me. Also noticing it doesn’t really do it when I go into the miniature gps mode with music showing