• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

pigfacedalarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just wait until you install the 27Won Rear Motor Mount & a non-muffled exhaust. I just gave up on the rattles at that point.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I've noticed the seatbelt adjusters on the pillars like to start rattling and you have to move them to the next notch to get it to stop.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I've noticed the seatbelt adjusters on the pillars like to start rattling and you have to move them to the next notch to get it to stop.
Actually, if you press downward on them without pushing the button, Iā€™ve found this takes care of the buzz. Thereā€™s a little slack in the mechanism. It seems that pushing down on it kind of helps seat the mechanism and reduces that slack and you get the benefit of putting the seat belt adjuster at the height thatā€™s comfortable for you.

Ivy

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Boost Blue FL5, 15 ML250, 04 325xi
Actually, if you press downward on them without pushing the button, Iā€™ve found this takes care of the buzz. Thereā€™s a little slack in the mechanism. It seems that pushing down on it kind of helps seat the mechanism and reduces that slack and you get the benefit of putting the seat belt adjuster at the height thatā€™s comfortable for you.
Mine squeaks. Car is two days old. It's right next to my ear. It's the roller when u pull or retract the seatbelt. Tempted to spray lube but I won't

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Ivy Mine have never squeaked that I can recall, but they definitely used to buzzzzzzzzzz. Sometimes things can improve with use too. Definitely donā€™t spray lube in there. Thereā€™s no way to actually reach the mechanism without taking the panel apart.

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, M5 CS, M2 CS, 992 GT3
Has anyone resolved the steering wheel ticking sound from the airbag cover yet? Drives me crazy every time I turn the wheelā€¦

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Has anyone resolved the steering wheel ticking sound from the airbag cover yet? Drives me crazy every time I turn the wheelā€¦
Is it only when turning? My steering wheel creaks a little when turning, and the airbag cover makes ā€œclicksā€ whenever I hit bumps

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Have the dealership take off the airbag assembly in the steering wheel and reseat it. This got fixed when I had them install my alcantara wheel, which involves all of that.

Motpeds

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - CW
I got this new rattle that sounds like itā€™s coming from the driver side air vent (right next to the door) when scrolling revs around 2k-ish. Sounds like thereā€™s something inside there rattling.

Anyone else?

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
I got this new rattle that sounds like itā€™s coming from the driver side air vent (right next to the door) when scrolling revs around 2k-ish. Sounds like thereā€™s something inside there rattling.

Anyone else?
does the sound change at all if you close the air vent?

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
been trying to find videos on what's considered normal "rattles and buzzing" for these cars as i just recently acquired a type r and this is probably the noisiest interior of a brand new car i've been in

Honda Civic Type R Rattling (youtube.com)
Wow. Iā€™ve not heard that before. Definitely not normal. Iā€™d take it in. Hard to tell from the video but could be the seat weld issue.

Shingo Shoji

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Championship White
So Iā€™ve got the buzz/rattle behind the infotainment screen. Only happens when itā€™s cold and the dealership say itā€™s the air intake thatā€™s the cause. Doesnā€™t make any sense to me how the intake would affect this. Anyone else had this issue?

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
My only other new Honda/Acura (RSX type S) had rattling front tweeters at the top of the dash, but they only rattled when it was cold. I finally had to pull them out and put some clear RTV around the edges which helped. You shouldn't have to do that on a new car.

Hopefully the OP can get some warranty work done. For a $50K car, it should be rock solid.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Zone47 It is a little frustrating especially as it is so unexpected. I went straight from an 8th gen Si (owned for 13+ years) to the FL5. The old Si had some rattles here and there, sure. But these FL5ā€™s have more rattles in multiple places than they should (brand new). I agree with you on that, though most are pretty easy to fix. Maybe my expectations were a bit higher than they shouldā€™ve been too. Comparing this to older cars, I think older cars had simpler construction. There werenā€™t as many panels on top of panels. Plus thereā€™s plastic trim pieces attached to those panels. I think thatā€™s really the issue ; So many bits and pieces fitting together.

Note : A $50k car today is not the same thing as a $50k car 10+ years ago. My Si had a sticker of like $23k in 2009 which equates to roughly $34k in todayā€™s dollars. $50k isnā€™t chump change, but these are built to a tight budget. I meanā€¦the platform itself is a Civic, not a luxury car. I expect some minor stuff like this and for the most part (with light handy work) itā€™s been fineā€¦especially now that my expectations have been tempered and Iā€™ve accepted that some of the really minor stuff (that initially bothered me) is probably best left alone.
Sponsored