• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
My driver’s seat has been fine. I haven’t really sat in the passenger’s seat. Car #2888. Wondering if my car already has the newer seat frame straight off the production line? If I start having problems, it’s good to know there’s a proper fix nonetheless.

Appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and info here. Super helpful. 🙂
my seat has been fine -- just slightly earlier than yous - car#2880... vin xxx861

will be surprised if it's on the list.
Sponsored

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
well, apparently it IS a safety issue due to welds cracking. I thought it was just squeaking.
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-stop-sale-tsb-service-bulletin-23-030.51821/
The focus of the recall is the safety of the seats in a crash. They have to ensure the seats meet crash standards in case of an accident during normal use, so it makes sense that is their priority. However, i'm thinking they also could be concerned about a non-collision type safety issue -- where everyone is aware that these cars are likely to be put under the extra stress of non-normal use. While the car isn't "intended" for track use, we keep seeing all these vids of ppl bouncing around hard in the seats on those tracks... I would think that would be a real safety concern if the seat were to even shift or totally fail during intense cornering, or at 225 kph :(

Last edited:

Romeroha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Boost Blue)
Are any of you getting a whirring or whining noise from the HVAC? I feel like it only started recently (I'm around the 2,000 mile mark) and I'm not sure if this is just the noise it makes or there's something going on. Only noticeable when parked with low fan speed. At higher speeds other noises drown it out, and at higher fan speeds you can hear the whine.

I don't really have a problem with it as it's not very loud but it's something that only started happening relatively recently which makes me wonder if it's a problem.

submitaweasel

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 integra
Are any of you getting a whirring or whining noise from the HVAC? I feel like it only started recently (I'm around the 2,000 mile mark) and I'm not sure if this is just the noise it makes or there's something going on. Only noticeable when parked with low fan speed. At higher speeds other noises drown it out, and at higher fan speeds you can hear the whine.

I don't really have a problem with it as it's not very loud but it's something that only started happening relatively recently which makes me wonder if it's a problem.
I have had the hvac whir at low fan speeds since about 1200 miles in my Integra. First noticed it after the second trip to the dealer for warranty work. While not the same car, I doubt there is any difference between the HVAC components.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
At just about 3k miles recently developed what seems to be a handful of squeaks from the passenger side. I tried holding the infotainment and some plastic panels on the passenger side while driving and they don't seem to be it

Bennychan723

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX (Euro R Conversion)
Some nice dash rattling to add to the fun.

I have the same rattle too and I was able to identify is coming from here , give it a light push (up) rattle is gone now
11th Gen Honda Civic Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks! Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 1.26.29 PM

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At just about 3k miles recently developed what seems to be a handful of squeaks from the passenger side. I tried holding the infotainment and some plastic panels on the passenger side while driving and they don't seem to be it
Hmm, I think it turns out that majority of the rattle is actually the infotainment. Guess it's time to get to work on it

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I have the same rattle too and I was able to identify is coming from here , give it a light push (up) rattle is gone now
Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 1.26.29 PM.png
I think it’s the angle of your pic or something, but I’m having a hard time figuring out what/where that part is. Can you provide a pic little further away to provide more context? Much appreciated!

Bennychan723

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX (Euro R Conversion)
I think it’s the angle of your pic or something, but I’m having a hard time figuring out what/where that part is. Can you provide a pic little further away to provide more context? Much appreciated!
Sorry about that lol

its the plastic part that RIGHT behind the rear view mirror

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Sorry about that lol

its the plastic part that RIGHT behind the rear view mirror
Oh! Hahaha! I would’ve never guessed that. I can see your turnpike pass in the window but I just couldn’t figure out what I was looking at in your pic.🤣

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright folks, found the glove box area rattle and fixed it! 🤩 It’s very simple. All you need to do is stuff some “yoga mat” foam (or similar soft foam) into this area (see pic). I cut a piece that was about 2” x 8” and folded it over on itself a couple of times so it is 4x thick. There’s a hollow cavity in that area I circled and apparently it is rattling vertically against some inner components there.

Here’s the foam I used.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B5TMHR26?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

E046754D-4F8B-4D3A-87B7-7A90DCA389E0.jpeg
Sure enough. I shoved a microfiber here to test it and I believe this solved about 95% of my rattle issues.
11th Gen Honda Civic Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks! IMG_1267

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Hahahaha! You have to stuff the material inside of that plastic piece that protrudes downward. There’s like an open cavity back inside of that area. It’s hard to get your hands in there and you have to do it entirely by feel, if you don’t want to disassemble the dashboard. Inside of there are vertically protruding ribs of plastic (again going by feel). That’s where you want to wedge the material into. This takes care of the vertical rattling of that lower black part. It’s a little tricky, but once you do it, it’s not visible. Sorry, it’s hard to explain.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahaha! You have to stuff the material inside of that plastic piece that protrudes downward. There’s like an open cavity back inside of that area. It’s hard to get your hands in there and you have to do it entirely by feel, if you don’t want to disassemble the dashboard. Inside of there are vertically protruding ribs of plastic (again going by feel). That’s where you want to wedge the material into. This takes care of the vertical rattling of that lower black part. It’s a little tricky, but once you do it, it’s not visible. Sorry, it’s hard to explain.
Hmm that is a little tricky, but I think I can kind of tell what you mean.

Such a dumb panel..
Sponsored