• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone backpedaling from Type R to an Si?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The problem with going to a FK8 over a FL5 is pre-owned FK8s are still relatively expensive. If you're patient a FL5 can be had for not that much than a pre-owned FK8.

Yes, used car prices are coming down but FK8s are less affected than other cars.
Sponsored

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Just came across a local seller with a 2017 that only has 2300 miles on it. Clean carfax and they are asking 40 even for it. It has been in his garage for the majority of its time.

I’ll do some digging myself as well, but are there reasons for/against the earlier model years?
Do it. I found an 18 with 400 miles and it's like getting a new Type R. The Fk8 is faster in a straight line any way (according to instrumented test by Car and Driver, a 2017 traps 2 mph faster and is .6 faster to 100mph than a 2023), just not as nice of interior.