• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is it really worth it to step up to the Touring?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I've always wanted parking sensors as I live in a city with lots of tight traffic and parking, so to me, upgrading to the Touring just for those would be enough. But from what it sounds like you want, I think you'll be fine with the EX. The EX is most likely going to be the volume seller.
Another option is to add parking sensors to any car for around $60 (front & back) by DIY.
Sponsored

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So I'm about two weeks away from getting an 11th gen and I'm still stuck on whether or not to go EX or Touring. I'm a man on a pretty serious budget, but I'm also a man who loves his cars. The only must have option for me is Smart entry, and if it weren't for the blacked out sport wheels (not a fan) I'd just jump into a Sport trim. But instead I have to jump up to the EX. I suppose heated seats and a moonroof (which you get with EX), though both are things I don't care much about, are a nice touch anyway.

On the other hand I absolutely LOVE the Touring's wheels more than the EX's, and leather seats are pretty damn sweet. I don't care about blinkers on the side mirrors, my ears are sensitive as it is so lord knows I don't need Bose, and I don't even have an iphone 12 for wireless charging. It just seems like the Touring is the most popular trim around here. Can anyone explain why? And for someone like myself, do you really think its worth the extra $3500 for what you get?
If the Sport model really meets your needs ask the dealer if they can swap wheels for you? The Ex wheels are smaller and the dealer could always take ur sport wheels slap them on the EX and charge the next consumer more money. Id ask them to do it for FREE. I saw this a lot with the 9th gen Accords...dealers would add the Sport wheels to the EX and EXL models and jack up the price.

Red

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring; 2020 KIA Sportage;
Hi, new to the forum. I just traded my 10th Gen EX-L for the new Touring. I originally wanted a Touring but none were available for 100 miles back then so I settled. My EX-L was a nice car but this new Touring just feels flat out more upscale and it handles better. I briefly looked at the EX parked next to the Touring but never really considered it. Leather is a must have for me and I've added leather to other cars in the past and it just isn't cost effective, plus it's too much work. Wheels & tires too. The Bose stereo is a nice system and to me another reason to buy the Touring. My wife tells me all the time I compromise and always regret it later and she's right. Get the most car you can afford whether it be a Civic or some other model. In the long run it'll be worth it. That's my opinion.

OP
OP
Michael90

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Hi, new to the forum. I just traded my 10th Gen EX-L for the new Touring. I originally wanted a Touring but none were available for 100 miles back then so I settled. My EX-L was a nice car but this new Touring just feels flat out more upscale and it handles better. I briefly looked at the EX parked next to the Touring but never really considered it. Leather is a must have for me and I've added leather to other cars in the past and it just isn't cost effective, plus it's too much work. Wheels & tires too. The Bose stereo is a nice system and to me another reason to buy the Touring. My wife tells me all the time I compromise and always regret it later and she's right. Get the most car you can afford whether it be a Civic or some other model. In the long run it'll be worth it. That's my opinion.
Nice! Glad you're happy with your Touring. What color did you get?

Red

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring; 2020 KIA Sportage;
Platinum White Pearl. Beautiful color.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, FK8 2021
Didn't read the replies yet. But to me touring model is not worth it. If my budget goes to that level, I might as well step into the accord.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
As a guy who came from a 10th gen Civic and went to a 2020 Accord, I would say I second looking at a used accord as well if you're not opposed to buying used. I would at the very least cross shop them. The 2.0T is a difference experience all together and even the 1.5 in the Accords is more powerful than the one in the Civics. The space and interior quality is also a step up.

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
I came from a 2015 Mustang GT Premium, traded in 2 days ago. I went for touring because it matched all the same tech I had in my 7 year old car and then gave me a few extras like wireless carplay and wireless charging, and more safety features like lane keep assist, auto-lock, adaptive cruise. I at least wanted to feel like i got somewhat of an interior upgrade in my car from my previous one. The sound system is pretty nice as well, compared to the Shaker 1000 I had.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
So I'm about two weeks away from getting an 11th gen and I'm still stuck on whether or not to go EX or Touring. I'm a man on a pretty serious budget, but I'm also a man who loves his cars. The only must have option for me is Smart entry, and if it weren't for the blacked out sport wheels (not a fan) I'd just jump into a Sport trim. But instead I have to jump up to the EX. I suppose heated seats and a moonroof (which you get with EX), though both are things I don't care much about, are a nice touch anyway.

On the other hand I absolutely LOVE the Touring's wheels more than the EX's, and leather seats are pretty damn sweet. I don't care about blinkers on the side mirrors, my ears are sensitive as it is so lord knows I don't need Bose, and I don't even have an iphone 12 for wireless charging. It just seems like the Touring is the most popular trim around here. Can anyone explain why? And for someone like myself, do you really think its worth the extra $3500 for what you get?
You should just get the Sport then, it's a lot easier to change the wheels out and I'm sure lots of folks (10th gen owners as well) prefer the black shinny Sport wheels.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/trade-touring-wheels.49906/

Josh92

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring
I have the touring and love it. If you are financing the car, the difference monthly is most likely going to be minimal from EX to Touring.

The seats are nice, I honestly have less road noise than my 10th gen hatch and the leather on doors is very nice.

The blindspot monitoring is amazing and the 9 inch touch screen is bright and clear. The bose audio doesn't have to be loud and actually will be more crisp and clear making listening at low volumes easier.

The dash/ gauge digital cluster is nice, and the amount of info is wonderful, especially the honda sensing portion.
Sponsored