• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
A 3 cylinder would literally sound horrible. I wouldn’t care if it was faster. No thanks.
Sponsored

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Interior is a big step up. 10th gens cabin is more driver-focused but 11th gen just looks like a nicer place to be in. Love how thin the a-pillars are and the relocation of the mirrors. The Si's been at 200 hp since people were on Myspace. Hopefully they give it the K20 it deserves with the Type R front suspension to handle it. But I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap..

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Was also hoping for a panoramic roof option

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
A 3 cylinder would literally sound horrible. I wouldn’t care if it was faster. No thanks.
3 cylinders sound better than fours. But I’ve no interest in all the added weight and complexity- the reason the Si is so fun is cause it’s so light. Add 300 lbs of crap and it’ll be just another car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
CF3E46EB-D688-42F6-80BA-76EE620A96AB.jpeg

this image from the JD Power preview gives me serious 992 911 cabin vibes. I’m excited to feel out the new seating position and information displays.
Hope the ILX replacement looks as good as this, I really don’t want a CVT.
The infotainment screen was more well thought off in the previous Civic and CRV. That looks like an iPad on a dashboard which, I am sorry, but I HATE that.

Reactions: nox

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The infotainment screen was more well thought off in the previous Civic and CRV. That looks like an iPad on a dashboard which, I am sorry, but I HATE that.
Have you driving a car with that style? I haven't so curious if it's as distracting as it looks. I find our Ascent very distracting at night - the screen isn't that high but there's so many screens it lights up the whole dash and the auto brightness doesn't dim them enough at night.

Tw1tcHy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Not a fan. I was cautiously optimistic with the preview shots a few months back, but this is a big bag of "Blah" to me. The rear is nice, but really not a fan of that front. Interior layout I like, I actually don't mind the center console revision really. The honey comb vents would have been nice were it not for those noticeable protruding knobs, and the big aluminum knobs for the other controls doesn't seem like the best choice with this aesthetic. The digital gauge are shockingly "Meh", they actually might be the most plain and boring digital gauges I've ever seen, good lord.

Definitely will not be moving into an 11th gen like I'd been strongly considering, which is kind of a shame. I knew it was a long shot, but I was also hoping for a DCT, but the CVT is to remain it seems. Pretty sure my next daily driver will have a DCT, the CVT has been by far the worst part of the driving experience for me, particularly at low speeds with the delayed throttle.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Welp, it looks like our last shot is the upcoming hatchback right guys?!?!? CMON whos with me?! =(

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
CF3E46EB-D688-42F6-80BA-76EE620A96AB.jpeg

this image from the JD Power preview gives me serious 992 911 cabin vibes. I’m excited to feel out the new seating position and information displays.
Hope the ILX replacement looks as good as this, I really don’t want a CVT.
ILX replacement will have a way better interior that is more focused on performance. Also I can almost guarantee that the Acura will not come with a CVT. Makes no sense. 10 AT is going to be the transmission or the DCT.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
With those, I would still take a MT over that setup ? I think, just in my opinion, with changing the engine to a 3 cyl, plus the electric motor in a (pseudo?)-AWD setup (anyone can correct me on what this setup would be called :p), kind of makes the car not seem like the sporty civic would normally be like. I don't want to be too "traditional" with my thoughts, though, since all cars have to evolve at some point to appeal to an audience. But if it were to be under the Civic line, then I'd feel keeping it at 4 cyl, and at a MT for the CTR/Si kind of retains the essence of what the car was build on. As my preference, I do prefer a MT over a DCT in any aspect as well, since it's much more connective to the road than a DCT can be no matter what (just imo). Kind of like different steering wheel feels, where older cars without power steering definitely give you the feel of the road a bit more than, say, electric steering etc - just as an analogy ?

Also, the added weight of the battery (and maybe the DCT - not sure how much those transmissions weigh), would almost defeat the purpose for having those extra features. I feel the Si/Civic itself has built itself upon being a lightweight, zippy car. And although the electric motor would definitely make it extra zippy, attempting to redesign the car with an entirely new engine setup, as well as DCT, makes it seem like it's more in line with a new/separate car line. Perhaps like a small roadster kind of style, since I feel a DCT would go well with a RWD a tad better than a FWD. Something small, not requiring the most power, and can utilize the electric motor in a RWD would be a good option for car enthusiasts with Honda were to do that. Like a new S2K-esque car or something :p My opinion could also be pretty meh though ?? But of course, I do think since EV is inevitably the future, and hybrids may be more common among sporty cars, I'm all for that step in the evolution of the cars. But at this power range of less than, say, 400ish hp, a DCT might be a little pricey and complex for a consumer car for what it's worth. (I only say that hp range, since some cars with more hp just become undrivable in a MT, from what I feel that is lool)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
After the reveal, I will admit the exterior does look better than it did when we saw the leak. It's a nice-looking car but I don't think it's a civic. It just looks like an accord. The front grill does look a lot less blocky which I thought it looked like in the leak but after seeing the higher quality photos it looks a lot better but I still think that they should have kept the little flairs on the sides of the hood just to keep it from looking so flat and keep more of that sporty-looking civic vibe.

Now the interior, personally I think it looks bad, it's just bad. I have no problem with digital displays but I don't like the simplicity of this one. It just looks too boring and kinda just has the look that it'll be laggy. The hidden vents seem like they could be a good idea but they just don't work here with those massive knobs. I personally think hidden vents would work better in a situation where you control where they point with a touchscreen or something as much as I hate that I think it would work with hidden vents. I also don't like how they made the interior look flatter and then put literally the biggest knobs possible to control the ac there just ruining any sort of flat aesthetic they had. The center console around the shifter is ok I guess idk it's just sorta there, there isn't anything drawing my eye aside from the fact that the usbs are in sight and now tucked away like in the 10th gen so I can't even try to hide my cords to make me feel like I'm not as messy. And that screen... oh my god I f***ing hate when manufacturers do this. It just looks bad. It looks someone can come into my car and tap it too hard and it just comes off or I hit a bump too hard and it goes into goddamn orbit.

So yes while the car's exterior does look better than it did in the leak I still think it's a step back from the 10th gen. The interior ofc we did not see in the leak so I have nothing to compare it to aside from the 10th gen, and it's just bad. There's actually nothing that redeems the interior. It's just bad everywhere. Yes, it's futuristic and yes someone will like it, I just think it doesn't fit the civic. It looks like an EV interior at best or like a Chrysler interior or something.
This is basically how I see it too. Basically an Accord, and I don't feel any sort of "Civic" with this generation. And the infotainment system is just so sad to see when it's protruding like that. *big sigh* lmao

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
On one review, they said that the digital tach and speedo gauges on the Touring model can be either the 2 traditional circular gauges, or they can be "bars pushed to the side". Anyone have a picture or know what exactly that means or looks like?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
From motor trend
11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs 210499BB-3E42-4684-8BC2-86C3DB3EFEF2

On one review, they said that the digital tach and speedo gauges on the Touring model can be either the 2 traditional circular gauges, or they can be "bars pushed to the side". Anyone have a picture or know what exactly that means or looks like?
Sponsored