• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
After looking at the car more and more I have to admit, that while it absolutely is a very nice sedan and I'd be more than happy to have one, I have to admit, it really is a LOT more conservative of a look than I initially thought. Something about it, just strikes me as, very mid 2000's to me. Am I alone in that thought?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
After looking at the car more and more I have to admit, that while it absolutely is a very nice sedan and I'd be more than happy to have one, I have to admit, it really is a LOT more conservative of a look than I initially thought. Something about it, just strikes me as, very mid 2000's to me. Am I alone in that thought?
Yeah, I'm kinda with you on this one. I'm pretty happy with my 17 Si, it's been a great car and at 38,000 miles there no reason to rush out and buy another Civic. I think I'll stick with my Si for another 2-3 years I'd rather have my car that's a little over the top with waffle griddles than a mostly boring looking 11th Gen.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
I think it has a german-like subtle sense of style (similar to Volkwagen). It's like they took a generic boring body and added a little bit of character here and there. I think little things like color choice and wheel choice are going to make a big difference on this car. An LX in gray with everything stock will be a total snoozefest while a Red or Blue model with the right wheels will be a head turner. Overall, I like this approach.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Are we 100% sure that the LX won't have Smart entry?

ezthrilla

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Aegean blue
The only thing that's apparent to me about the 11th gen civic - is the bean counters prevailed over the design purists. Now before you chew my head off let me just remind you that there have been articles written about the tension between the bean counters and designs purists..and what happened in the end was the bean counters prevailed that lead to the creation of the 9th gen Civic.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
At first I didn’t like it but the more I see it, it gives me 90’s vibes. I like it, can’t wait to see the Type R.

ludawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Not sure if it's been stated before but I don't think the Honda engineers took into consideration of some people having trypophobia ( a fear of holes) with that honeycomb look of the air vents along the dash. My wife unfortunately has that fear and has thought of getting a CIVIC but will have to look instead at getting a 10th gen.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Not sure if it's been stated before but I don't think the Honda engineers took into consideration of some people having trypophobia ( a fear of holes) with that honeycomb look of the air vents along the dash. My wife unfortunately has that fear and has thought of getting a CIVIC but will have to look instead at getting a 10th gen.
Wait what? What the heck is fear of holes I don't understand?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Wait what? What the heck is fear of holes I don't understand?
It's a real thing, though poorly understood. From what I've read, it's less "fear of holes" and more "repulsed by certain types/patterns of holes". Presumably that strip of decorative material over the 11th gen's air vents serves as a trigger, at least for @ludawg94's wife.

Honda tried to please everyone with their 11th gen design, but it's quite apparent that they never consulted a focus group of trypophobes. Egregious oversight on their part.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
It's a real thing, though poorly understood. From what I've read, it's less "fear of holes" and more "repulsed by certain types/patterns of holes". Presumably that strip of decorative material over the 11th gen's air vents serves as a trigger, at least for @ludawg94's wife.

Honda tried to please everyone with their 11th gen design, but it's quite apparent that they never consulted a focus group of trypophobes. Egregious oversight on their part.
Well if that ludawg had a fear of holes than his wife would've been terrified of the 10th gen's gaping holes on the front and rear bumper then no?

ludawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Well if that ludawg had a fear of holes than his wife would've been terrified of the 10th gen's gaping holes on the front and rear bumper then no?
No because it's not something that she would be staring at or is right in front of her for pro long periods of time. She actually had a 2016 blue CIVIC EX and was fine with it. She now has a 2016 CRV. Since the 11th gen has the honycomb look on the dash, it is right there in front of people making it hard to not look at them or avoid looking at them. You can copy and paste the fear in a search engine to read more about what causes that fear but @MaxPower did a pretty good job of explaining it more.

Last edited:

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I guess if you do not like the styling of the new Civic, Honda still has the Insight, that is if you do not mind a hybrid.
Heh, the Insight exists because Honda Japan wanted to release a hybrid civic and absolutely loathed the 10th gen civic design. So they took some body panels off an Accord and slapped them on the Civic. Even reused the accord's gauge cluster.
Sponsored