• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ktuner vs Hondata

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
That was the type of info I was looking for. Thank you for the response.
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
That’s just a feature set, not a comparison. Every time I am at the Tuner, all the high horsepower modern Hondas they have their are running Hondata, even Honda and Spoon use Hondata.

From what I see if I do basic mods, K-Tuner appears not canned tune friendly, but for high horsepower custom applications, Hondata seems to be used more.
Im sure Derek Robinson could show you 5 years worth of tunes (10th & 11th gen combined) that would debunk your logic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasn’t logic, it was an observation, don’t get the two confused. It was an observation based on limited sample that I have seen when at the shop with my drift car and looking at what the Honda’s had when they were getting tuned.

This is why I kept asking for actual data like Axion had responded with. The points about fuel pump pressure targets and wastegate control were key points to me.

I will most likely be getting a K-Tuner now.

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can everything V2 do be done with the V1.2 via the Ktuner App on a tablet (like map switching)? I'm not a fan of the bulky V2 and would use a small 4" android tablet to operate it instead.

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Using both platforms on several cars I would have to say Ktuner edges out Hondata both from a features standpoint and a customer service standpoint.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Let me post this as someone who is known as a bit of a tune related stats guru. I have a long running tuned owners thread at CivicX and a new one here as well. Here are those thread's usage numbers.

Civic X
KTuner: 807
Hondata: 216

Civic XI
KTuner: 12
Hondata: 1

That's not to say Hondata isn't a quality product. It very good. But clearly KTuner is the people's choice.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Do either allow factory warranty still? What if we need service which one is easier to pretend it's not there?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Do either allow factory warranty still? What if we need service which one is easier to pretend it's not there?
They’re both undetectable from the outside without reading the ECU log.

It’s an unwritten rule that the owner accepts the risk of voiding the factory warranty on the car whenever the ECU is flashed by an aftermarket tuning device (Flashpro, KTuner). If the warranty item isn’t engine related, the risk is significantly reduced. If your warranty is denied, you can always go to another dealer or contact Honda corporate. The final option is paying out of your own pocket.
Sponsored