• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Based on this article (contributor is based in Japan) it's time to re-evaluate Forbes reputation, at least in the automotive arena.
Sponsored

Reactions: 007

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I also have totally not been checking in multiple times a day for over a year… you guys are crazy, I’m the sane one if anything! I’ve read a lot of articles that have this same level of speculation unfortunately. The truth is (as much as it sucks for us), Honda actually has kept an insanely tight lid on anything about the 2023 car.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
After the Si got 5 less hp, you gotta think chances for 330hp are 1 in a million.
Yeah but that had more to do with getting more useable torque and reducing the horrible rev hang the last gen had. Everybody seems to rave about the new output in the Si even with the supposed 5 less HP. Plus dynos seem to claim the car is being under rated. The Type R never had those draw backs so although I don’t believe we will see a 330 Hp Type R for this Gen a bump in power is not that far fetched, although more likely to be a small bump.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I would hope for way more than that but that's probably pretty accurate, this is definitely purely speculation/rumors but it's not hard to guess it will probably be around 330 like they said. Only time will tell, not sure why they haven't revealed it yet

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Tuner have done 370HP with a conservative setup. Ariel Atom has a 350HP K20C setup (https://www.arielna.com/arielatom/#). If Honda wants to end the gasoline era with a bang and crush the Ring record, I guess 350hp is a minimum.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
There's no where internally that says the new CTR is going to be 330hp (or more)

I feel like @sgtmorph is right but only time can tell. Books open in the summer though

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
There's no where internally that says the new CTR is going to be 330hp (or more)

I feel like @sgtmorph is right but only time can tell. Books open in the summer though
Granted, I feel the next CTR will be cool. But Honda has been EXTREMELY reserved across the entire 11th gen lineup. That coupled with the fact that no 11th gen trim received a HP bump, I'd be shocked if they gave the next CTR more than 310.

Especially when they dont wanna price themselves above the incoming Teggy Type-S...

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I want an AWD version with DCT but one can always dream.....

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I want an AWD version with DCT but one can always dream.....
That would be dope! However...That would create untold snowball effect money issues! So since the DCT with the AWD setup, that's gonna add a ton of weight to that car. Now they'd be forced to add more power just to compensate for the added weight. All of that extra "car" we get, will mean another $10,000 on top of the outgoing CTR. Now that makes the 2023 base CTR over $50K OTD. That's all before dearships do their "raping".

It would be a giant shit-show hahaha :rofl:

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Granted, I feel the next CTR will be cool. But Honda has been EXTREMELY reserved across the entire 11th gen lineup. That coupled with the fact that no 11th gen trim received a HP bump, I'd be shocked if they gave the next CTR more than 310.

Especially when they dont wanna price themselves above the incoming Teggy Type-S...
I'm thinking the ITS will have around 230hp (more beefier than the Si but well under the R) and the CTR will have 310-315 at most. No AWD/SH-AWD, DCT, hybrid or i6

IF everything goes well, both its and r should be revealed at the NY autoshow. Pricing come spring, books in the summer, deliveries in the fall. Worst case, everything bumps into 2023

kriegrbah

First Name
Mirsad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2021 Ford F-250 Platinum
I'm thinking the ITS will have around 230hp (more beefier than the Si but well under the R) and the CTR will have 310-315 at most. No AWD/SH-AWD, DCT, hybrid or i6

IF everything goes well, both its and r should be revealed at the NY autoshow. Pricing come spring, books in the summer, deliveries in the fall. Worst case, everything bumps into 2023
Man I'm really hoping for the fall release, they just need to reveal it already, a lot of competitors are already selling their cars or allowing preorders, while we still have no news.

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
I don't know how much truth there is to the claims below, but it seems to be resembling of the article shared by OP :

11th Gen Honda Civic Latest Type-R rumor: over 330 HP 1647006196123
Sponsored