• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Did a little research and apparently the 11th gen Civic mirror caps fit on the Integra. So maybe these carbon mirror caps on the Integra Type S will fit on the Civic Type R?
Sponsored

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I'm not a big Acura guy but can someone explain to me the appeal of this car if it comes out around 50k msrp when compared to the TLX-S which is 54k with more HP and AWD?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm not a big Acura guy but can someone explain to me the appeal of this car if it comes out around 50k msrp when compared to the TLX-S which is 54k with more HP and AWD?
Hmm, same appeal as Type R vs TLX-S?

Manual transmission, smaller, lighter, sportier. Although it's physically very long it's relatively light and will feel smaller.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
The TLX will never be anything more than a boulevard cruiser. I donā€™t care how much power they give it.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I surmise that the ITSā€™s exhaust is slightly more efficient and thatā€™s where the +5hp is coming from. Folks with the new Milltek exhaust on their CTRā€™s are likely getting the same or better power gains.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
lets be honest, its probably the same at the type r, they are probably just under rating the R
I doubt the Type R is underrated in the traditional sense since the power delta is immaterial. The difference is likely attributed to different hardware components on the Type S (e.g., intake, exhaust, camshafts, etc.). It's also possible the Type S is simply running a slightly different calibration on the ECU.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Itā€™s a 5hp difference. This is not worth being power-insecure about. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

If they said the ITS is 340+hp and like 325+ lb/ft torque, Iā€™d be like whuuuuutā€¦. :oops: But even then, I wouldnā€™t care enough to let my FL5 go.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I feel the same way, I own a 21 FK8 which is a 40k car. For me these civics (ITR,FL5)priced north of 50k, make me want to get a TLX type S if and when I get tired of my FK8. Iā€™ve seen several used TLX type S for sale below 50k.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Im gonna try and defend the Integra here, the TLX-S is $57k, has a smaller interior, itā€™s less practical and less engaging than the Integra. The TLX-S also isnā€™t very competitive in its class and the TLX-S isnā€™t that much faster than the Integra.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I doubt the Type R is underrated in the traditional sense since the power delta is immaterial. The difference is likely attributed to different hardware components on the Type S (e.g., intake, exhaust, camshafts, etc.). It's also possible the Type S is simply running a slightly different calibration on the ECU.
Iā€™m sure itā€™s just an ECU tune. 5hp isnā€™t enough to warrant developing or using different hardware.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Im gonna try and defend the Integra here, the TLX-S is $57k, has a smaller interior, itā€™s less practical and less engaging than the Integra. The TLX-S also isnā€™t very competitive in its class and the TLX-S isnā€™t that much faster than the Integra.
Yes, the real question is why would you pay $57k for a TLX-S when you can get an RS3 for $61k...
Sponsored