• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yes, the real question is why would you pay $57k for a TLX-S when you can get an RS3 for $61k...
Why you bringing the Germans into this? I can guarantee that no one looking for a RS3 is cross shopping it against a TLX-S. M2 or CLA 45 but definitely not a TLX-S.
Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
Why you bringing the Germans into this? I can guarantee that no one looking for a RS3 is cross shopping it against a TLX-S. M2 or CLA 45 but definitely not a TLX-S.
i'm with you. for having a lot of similarities to the uninitiated... i think they're very different buyers. and i've cross shopped an M6 vs a Ford Raptor so i know about weird comparisons.. the marketing people definitely have different audiences, even if once in a while a weirdo like me comes along.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, same appeal as Type R vs TLX-S?

Manual transmission, smaller, lighter, sportier. Although it's physically very long it's relatively light and will feel smaller.

bingo. i never would've ventured into an acura dealership if it weren't for the ITS. i like the look of the TLX-S and the MDX-S but they're ultimately not what we're after as far as style and purpose.

the ITS to me will be a FUN car that I can also take to the track. a CTR would be great but can't find one for anywhere close to MSRP. not worth the premium to me and the ITS is being *promised* for MSRP. it'll be interesting to see where the Integra S lands price wise, lots of speculation but we'll find out soon what reality is. i'm sure no matter the price it'll still be easier to accept than a CTR for $10k over sticker. Then the question is.... how many will the be making?

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
this is what i have been talking about -- how new 2024 models will entice the market enough away from the CTR to help with pricing and availability. LOTS of people wanna buy this year's hot car... and it IS hot -- look at all the reviews. As long as they don't blow something on those new 2024s, when the reviews come out next year on those, we'll lose the buyers who aren't looking for a CTR specifically. This new Acura is indeed very enticing, and i agree that it looks to be the luxury alternative to this year's CTR. I am curious, as well, as to how they will hold it to MSRP.

elbacano809

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Civic Si 2021 TLX
What do you guys think the realistic MSRP for the Type S to be?

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I think this car will be quite popular. For example, I wouldn't daily a CTR but would daily an ITS. I have to imagine that's true for a small portion of interested buyers. For that reason alone, it's on my radar. I continuously find the FL5 hard to justify when I know it will mostly just sit in the garage.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
It will be easier to acquire at MSRP than the Civic Type R, Acura dealers are much more willing to do MSRP than a Honda dealer.
I just hope that doesn't change. I hope this somehow "eases up" the market and diversifies it with some CTR guys moving over and Honda dealerships being forced to adapt.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I just hope that doesn't change. I hope this somehow "eases up" the market and diversifies it with some CTR guys moving over and Honda dealerships being forced to adapt.
It might happen but I doubt it will be a regular enough occurrence to warrant a dealership changing their behavior

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well, here’s something to consider too. I don’t think there’s as much room on the ITS to add a big ADM. I say that because the folks interested in the ITS are pretty much the same folks interested in the CTR. It’s basically the same car + some lux features. We’ve already demonstrated a limited tolerance for crazy ADMs. With the ITS certainly having a higher MSRP inching toward $50k, (roughly the same price folks will pay for a CTR + ~$5k ADM), I think the most that an Acura dealer could tack onto an ITS is ~$2k if any. I could see them doing things like “forcing” buyers to purchase accessories or other add-ons as a strategy to line their pockets a bit more without getting ridiculous (like Honda dealers).

Last edited:

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More like $48,995 before paint upcharge
i think it'll be around there but also have a few key options that will send it over $50k (beyond paint).

I think that most buyers, and Acura will put a decent value on all of the luxury appointments compared to CTR, BUT then again, the CTR has more overall enthusiast desirability, i think. kind of like how a GT3 touring costs more than a winged GT3 ,and especially in the aftermarket. WHY? it's not justifiable on paper. it'll be interesting to see what the bean counters determine the MSRP value to be. the anticipation is killing me!

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Are those tacked-on fender flares? A pity if they are... the clean, integrated flares of the FL5 would suit the ITS much better than an "aftermarket" tacked-on look
Those are not tacked on flares and the crackle tune is awesome….I might have a CW type R for sale soon.
Sponsored