• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
That exhaust has me excited! It could just be purely promotional but I got really excited to see the 3 exhaust tips of the same diameter similar to the Milltek one. I wish they had designed this kind of noise in the teaser for the Type S on the FL5.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Yeah I'm pumped. My dealer already texted me this morning with the news. I need to listen to the sound clip in the car so I can pretend I have the TypeS

M!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, GR Yaris, FJ Cruiser, Jimny, NA and ND Miata
Are those tacked-on fender flares? A pity if they are... the clean, integrated flares of the FL5 would suit the ITS much better than an "aftermarket" tacked-on look

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Are those tacked-on fender flares?
That's disappointing and looks to be on the front and rear. Fk8 style I guess

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's disappointing and looks to be on the front and rear. Fk8 style I guess
I have to mention: I noticed a lot of some people from the meets I go to hating on the FL5 and thinking it didn't look Type R enough compared to the FK8. But also hate the ITS for its tacked on fender flares. Sometimes I get on them to make up their mind already :p.

It's been only a few FK8 owners I've met that have stated that. In their defense, I would kind of expect integrated fender flares from the ITS which will have to be more luxurious and expensive.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I have to mention: I noticed a lot of some people from the meets I go to hating on the FL5 and thinking it didn't look Type R enough compared to the FK8. But also hate the ITS for its tacked on fender flares. Sometimes I get on them to make up their mind already :p.
I don’t understand this mindset. The FK2 and FK8 are the outliers; every other Type R is understated and simple. NA1. DC2. EK9. CH1. DC5. EP3. FN2. All elegant, clean cars.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t understand this mindset. The FK2 and FK8 are the outliers; every other Type R is understated and simple. NA1. DC2. EK9. CH1. DC5. EP3. FN2. All elegant, clean cars.
Exactly. I think it's because they have an FK8 and they have this need to "defend" it. I don't know from what exactly but to each their own.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I love all the "FL5 looks like regular traffic" comments. Did they not stop and think that's what some of us actually want? 🤣

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
This would be a great alternative to the FL5. If I didn't already get mine. I would hop on this.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I love all the "FL5 looks like regular traffic" comments. Did they not stop and think that's what some of us actually want? 🤣
Not only that - but nobody who has seen an actual FL5 in real life would say it looks like "regular traffic." This thing is still very aggressive/head-turning...
Sponsored