• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Not sure why the Acura has this and the Honda doesn't . i thought they were basically the same.
CTR is a global car and there's different exhaust db requirements from country to country which this sound probably exceeds.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Are they going to add it for the FK8?
They are looking at implementing it. But it will take a long time. The ECU on the FK8 is not the same one as the one in the FL5 so they can’t just port it.

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I installed the ITS pops and bangs and I really don't hear anything. I have the stock exhaust.

That said, I'm new to the Flashpro. I initiated a new calibration (93 Octane), then in the list I selected the ITS pops and bangs and clicked OK (not export). Then clicked the up arrow button and flashed. I take it o did it right?

JPoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR '23 GR Morizo
I installed the ITS pops and bangs and I really don't hear anything. I have the stock exhaust.

That said, I'm new to the Flashpro. I initiated a new calibration (93 Octane), then in the list I selected the ITS pops and bangs and clicked OK (not export). Then clicked the up arrow button and flashed. I take it o did it right?
They're barely noticeable due to the piped in cabin noise. They are however a little more audible if you select the next stage of pops and bangs. Especially with the windows down and upshifting.

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
They're barely noticeable due to the piped in cabin noise. They are however a little more audible if you select the next stage of pops and bangs. Especially with the windows down and upshifting.
Isn't that bad for your cat?

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
If you change any parameters do you have to reflash? I saw a video with a multi map configuration. You press the up cruise control to switch.

JPoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR '23 GR Morizo
If you change any parameters do you have to reflash? I saw a video with a multi map configuration. You press the up cruise control to switch.
Hondata implemented some safety measures for cat protection but I don't think you'd want to run the most aggressive version for very long but you'll see that there is an ITS version and 2 others beside that in stages. Yes, you would have to reflash to implement the changes.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

For the pops and bangs to be active certain parameters have to be met. The car has to be close to operating temperature. Also no codes can be active in the ecu or else they will disappear.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
For those interested in the pops and bangs feature along with purchasing an OTS tune, I bought both the TSP and Phearable FL5 tunes with pops enabled and thought I'd share some feedback.

First of all, both tunes only enable pops when you're in +R mode (or if you have the Engine setting in Individual mode set to +R). I prefer it this way, since normally I run Individual mode with Engine set to Sport, so usually I don't hear pops, but as soon as I hit the +R button, I immediately hear pops. I can switch back and forth between those modes immediately to have pops or not.

Phearable tune:
About a month ago, I bought the Phearable tune and chose the "R/S+ Mode - OEM Pops" option, which should be equivalent to the Integra Type S OEM pops. I had a problem where the pops would only be audible for the first few minutes while driving, and then they would stop. When I used the Hondata 93 base tune with OEM pops enabled, I did not have that issue. The folks at Phearable assumed there was a catalyst temp issue. More details in my other post here.

TSP tune:
After that, I decided to try the TSP tune. On their order form, they only have a "yes" or "no" option for the pops, they don't let you choose the aggressiveness level of the pops compared Phearable's order form. I selected "yes". After testing out the TSP tune, the pops were present for the entire drive time (I drove for up to one hour). I heard pops more frequently compared to the Hondata base tune with the "Integra Type S" setting. It seemed to be more equivalent to the Hondata "Stage 1 pops and bangs" setting. Personally, the pops were a little too much for me.

Updated Phearable tune:
A week ago, I got an email from Phearable with an updated tune file for use with the latest version of Flashpro Manager. The previous issue that I mentioned where the pops would only last for a few minutes is now fixed. The pops lasted for the entire duration (I drove for about an hour). Also, since I chose "R/S+ Mode - OEM Pops" on their order form, this is more equivalent to the Hondata base tune with the "Integra Type S" setting. In my opinion, this is near-perfect since it burbles more than it pops.

Conclusion:
Because I didn't notice a big difference between the TSP and Phearable tunes (from a driving perspective), I plan on using the Phearable tune 24x7 only because the pops are less aggressive.

If TSP is reading this, I would suggest adding aggressiveness levels on your order form similar to Phearable, and let folks choose the "Integra Type S" setting or the more-aggressive setting if they want.

Also, if a tuner could find a way to do the following, it would be perfect (in my personal opinion):
* Sport mode - light burbles only (no pops)
* +R mode - more burbles with occasional pops (equilvant to the Hondata "Integra Type S" setting)
Sponsored

Last edited: