• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable?

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Anyone know if the ITS exhaust is a direct swap? Just curious.
Sponsored

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
If there are any more details on how many cuts were needed or if the exhaust hangers lined up, that would be appreciated. Sounds interesting.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Anyone know if the ITS exhaust is a direct swap? Just curious.
Yes it’s 100% doable…. All the hangers line up perfectly the exhaust tips need to be shortened 5” but the nice part is Honda welded the tips on exhaust where it needs to be cut :thumbsup: also another nice benefit of the Type-S exhaust is the the internal Diameter of the muffler piping is larger than the CTR’s by 3-5mm:coffee:.. I would highly suggest that you get a good welder to tackle this and not some hack at a local exhaust shop:wave:
If you have any questions feel free to ask I’ll help as much as I can:drive:

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6482

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6485

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6484

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6481

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6480

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6478

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6477

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6468

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_6469

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
Does this get you the magical pops/burbles people like about the type s or is it just a cheap upgrade?

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Does this get you the magical pops/burbles people like about the type s or is it just a cheap upgrade?
I’m hoping when Hondata adds the pops/burbles tune, this mod will allow it to sound as good as the DE5 does without that extra resonator.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
@JDM_DOHC_SiR Pics are super helpful. Thanks. I couldn’t figure out how you dealt with the flared tubing of the center tip. Just cut the flared portion out and weld the larger pipe diamater of the tip to the center can. Nice. Outer tips look like it’s basically slipped over top of the smaller pipe from the outer cans and spot welded. Sound about right?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
@JDM_DOHC_SiR Pics are super helpful. Thanks. I couldn’t figure out how you dealt with the flared tubing of the center tip. Just cut the flared portion out and weld the larger pipe diamater of the tip to the center can. Nice. Outer tips look like it’s basically slipped over top of the smaller pipe from the outer cans and spot welded. Sound about right?
The tubing for the center tip once you cut the 5” off it slips right over the center section for the CTR exhaust perfectly and same with the outer tips as well. In the pictures I tack welded the tips until I was able to get the alignment perfect.. the. I fully welded the tips on.

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
@JDM_DOHC_SiR I'd like to keep the stock type r muffler but if I get the front pipe from the Type s to "delete" that front resonator would that just bolt on without mods? not tryna cut anything

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Unfortunately it’s all one piece for the section with both the resonator and the muffler.

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
Unfortunately it’s all one piece for the section with both the resonator and the muffler.
11th Gen Honda Civic Integra Type S Exhaust Swappable? IMG_1329

Shoot for real? We both talkin about the front resonator not the rear right?