• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra Type S ecu tune?

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
After watching the Savage Geese Integra Type S review, I want the ECU tune from it on my Type R.

It's got a little bit more power, mid range tq and the pops and bangs from the exhaust.

It's definitely a more conservative and safe tune than going after market. Does anyone think it's possible to get the software and get it loaded? Thanks for any input
Sponsored

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
The ITS has more average ignition timing under boost with a higher torque limit and tuned to run on 93 octane.

while much is similar between CTR and ITS there are minor differences so there’s no guarantee it’s safe and simple copy over. You won’t get the pops and bangs the ITS has without the ITS exhaust system and the programming in ECU for it.

some have bought the Integra exhaust for a custom fit however. Damping system is different as well

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
The ITS has more average ignition timing under boost with a higher torque limit and tuned to run on 93 octane.

while much is similar between CTR and ITS there are minor differences so there’s no guarantee it’s safe and simple copy over. You won’t get the pops and bangs the ITS has without the ITS exhaust system and the programming in ECU for it.

some have bought the Integra exhaust for a custom fit however. Damping system is different as well
From what I've read, the engine itself is identical. The ECU tune should be able to be flashed on to a CTR with no concerns.

Yes, the exhaust is different but the pops and crackle should be able to get achieved with just the tune. It won't sound the same without all the exhaust components. I know the ITS has a removed front resonator and different mufflers

darth vader

First Name
darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
There was mention that the boost pressure in the Acura Type S is lower?

I am also keen to know if a CTR remapped with Type S map will work as expected.

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If you plan to tune the car, tune the car. I don't see the value in the ITS or an ITS type calibration under the guise of it being "definitely a more conservative and safe tune than going after market." That's not necessarily true. If tuned properly, you can make reliable power safely. They are not mutually exclusive.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
From what I've read, the engine itself is identical. The ECU tune should be able to be flashed on to a CTR with no concerns.

Yes, the exhaust is different but the pops and crackle should be able to get achieved with just the tune. It won't sound the same without all the exhaust components. I know the ITS has a removed front resonator and different mufflers
Sounds like all you’re looking for is some “pops and bangs”. Just buy an exhaust man. Some really nice sounding exhausts out already. And if you haven’t heard an ITS in person, it’s overrated. It’s still really quiet with some “pops and bangs”.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like all you’re looking for is some “pops and bangs”. Just buy an exhaust man. Some really nice sounding exhausts out already. And if you haven’t heard an ITS in person, it’s overrated. It’s still really quiet with some “pops and bangs”.
The exhaust will just add sound, the burbles the ITS has are achieved by the tune. It would even pop with the stock type R exhaust just a bit more muffled.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Buy an Elantra N. Jk 🤣
Lol

In all honesty I don’t like how these cars sound so when going the exhaust route I will be pretty conservative.

Its funny that the only reason the ITS pops its because of a Focus RS. Its gimmicky for sure, but hey I’m guilty of liking pops on some cars, especially my Srt-4.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I'm new to this car so I will absolutely spend some time looking around at exhaust options.

The ITS has the front resonator removed and the ecu software programed to give the pops. I don't know how different (or if) the muffler is.

That being said, Savages Geese dynoed the 2 cars back to back and found some real increases in hp and tq. I think getting the Acura ecu tune loaded into the CTR would be a great option. Small, conservative increase in power, pops, and the confidence the tune is solid.

I'm going to continue to look into this option. Might try calling the Acura dealer

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S

CTR engine is K20C1, ITS engine is K20C8. What I’ve been told is mechanically they are the same and have no information that suggests otherwise. But they are actually different engine nameplates and both manufactured in America. Maybe there are differences we don’t know about but I honestly don’t know.

flashing ECU over is one thing but any processor is depending on the inputs and outputs going in/out of it. You’re welcome to try it but I’m just saying to understand that there’s a chance it may not work out the way you want it to. Also a tuner or hondata would have to tear down that ITS ECU code and be comfortable enough to release it.

if you’re going through the trouble and cost while willing to void your CTR warranty why not just pay for a proper tune the way you want it?

highly recommend watching Jonathan Rivers ITS videos on how they engineered the exhaust sounds and pops/crackle with the throttle response. All of this will cost you so considering getting mods that will yield you a bigger bang for your dollar

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
I'm new to this car so I will absolutely spend some time looking around at exhaust options.

The ITS has the front resonator removed and the ecu software programed to give the pops. I don't know how different (or if) the muffler is.

That being said, Savages Geese dynoed the 2 cars back to back and found some real increases in hp and tq. I think getting the Acura ecu tune loaded into the CTR would be a great option. Small, conservative increase in power, pops, and the confidence the tune is solid.

I'm going to continue to look into this option. Might try calling the Acura dealer
you’ll have to note that savagegeese and others dyno ITS on 93 octane. I don’t even have 93 where I live and it’s pointless for me. I don’t exactly know if it’s safe to mix e85 with 91 to bump it up either. I’ve driven the ITS for 1776 miles now, any power differences are nothing to write home about. Both are great cars. I’ll record the pops and bangs with the engine warmed up later if you prefer

OP
OP
Aero1900

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
you’ll have to note that savagegeese and others dyno ITS on 93 octane. I don’t even have 93 where I live and it’s pointless for me. I don’t exactly know if it’s safe to mix e85 with 91 to bump it up either. I’ve driven the ITS for 1776 miles now, any power differences are nothing to write home about. Both are great cars. I’ll record the pops and bangs with the engine warmed up later if you prefer
Azkyrie, I appreciate the thoughtful response and information. I'm new to the platform so I'll be doing a lot of reading in the near future. Thanks
Sponsored