• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I previously owned an Elantra N and the pops are something I miss most about that car.

In the EN, the pops would only happen in the most aggressive drive mode. It was prefect. You could basically turn them on and off with the push of a button. Loved it.

From what I read in this thread, that is possible here, right? You can program it on/ off for different drive modes?
It can be adjusted for drive modes and aggressiveness.

Has anyone tried this on their FL5 yet that has the extra factory resonator? I wonder how much different it sounds compared to the Type S.
Here you go

Sponsored

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
My neighbor drives a Macan with some burble, which is kind of loud, but ok, I guess it’s factory sport mode and actually sounds alright as it’s not over the top. However, I fortunately don’t live in or near low rent apartments, so I don’t have to hear pop tunes too often. I work near a university though, so plenty of young whipper snappers in their clapped out 3 series, Hyundais and Subarus to fulfill my senses with youthful exuberance. I can recall rocking a 4-2-1 header into a 2 foot straight pipe b16 in my CRX.

Lol. I'm sure you’re
Lol. I'm sure your chasing cars in your neighborhood with a broom and yelling "That's not a performance mod".

Last edited:

Aero1900

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I understand the people who aren't impressed by the pops, but in my mind, to each their own.

I don't like super loud cars but this isn't going to wake up the neighbors when you go to work. There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a VW Jetta no no exhaust at all. It's incredibly loud, obnoxious and sounds like crap. A few little pops in my car isn't even a fraction as obnoxious as that. Let alone the giant, 6,000 lbs diesel trucks that half my neighbors have who don't even own a trailer. Literally never pulled a trailer or gone off road once and they have giant F350 super duty disels.

I'm not going to apologize for this.

I had great pops on my Elantra N and I could turn it off with the push of a button. Great feature. Happy Hondata made it. I'll be getting it

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This fits right in with the ethos of the FK8! I assume the older platform is not compatible.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
If I'm being honest I wasn't that interested in getting a FlashPro while my car still has the factory warranty until this was released.

The fact that I can have it only enabled in +R engine mode is pretty awesome. I've found that I don''t notice a difference between Sport or +R in terms of engine performance/throttle response so it would be pretty easy to toggle it off if it gets too annoying.

Last edited:

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
As a DE5 owner... it's a very tame burble tune. I imagine it will be even quieter through the FL5 exhaust (with the extra resonator).

It's one of the least obnoxious burble tunes I've heard, and as has been stated, you can just run in Sport or Comfort if you're in a sensitive setting.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I just got the ECU unlocked and installed the Phearable tune, and I chose the "OEM Pops" option on Phearable's site, which, I suppose, is comparable to the Integra Type S. After putting the car in +R mode, it was working great for the first few minutes... poppin' and a bangin'. But after a little while, the pops & bangs were less and less noticeable. After driving around for about 10 minutes, the pops & bangs stopped completely.

I tried toggling drive modes and going back into +R. I tried turning off the car and turning it back on. No pops and bangs now.

I'm letting the car sit for a while in the garage and I'll take it back out later to see what happens.

In case it matters, I have a TSP downpipe and removed the large resonator.

Update - after the car sat in the garage for about 2 hours, my son took it on another drive, and the pops & bangs were back, but only lasted for a few minutes again, then they completely stop.

Another update - I loaded the Hondata 93 base tune with the medium pops & bangs setting, and it consistently pops & bangs for a long time. I think there's something funky with the Phearable tune. I'll do more testing later with the Hondata tune with the lowest pops & bangs setting for a better comparison.

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I don’t care for the pops and burble but I am thinking about it since it can be for a certain mode and having it in R+ mode might be a little more fun at the track. Considering it’s the only place I drive in R+ mode.

JohnKneedep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Here you go
This is just the right amount: a bit aggressive, not at all obnoxious. Very nice.

Now I gotta go find someone who can program this for me offa this thread, no way I'm playing with it myself.

JohnKneedep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If I'm being honest I wasn't that interested in getting a FlashPro while my car still has the factory warranty until this was released.
It only voids anything-ECU warranty, right? Or will it cancel out more?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
I've grown to love the DE5 pop and bang option for the FL5. Makes driving around a lot of fun.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
This is just the right amount: a bit aggressive, not at all obnoxious. Very nice.

Now I gotta go find someone who can program this for me offa this thread, no way I'm playing with it myself.
I tune these cars, but you will need the Hondata flashpro and the jail break.

And most mods might void your engine warranty. So you have to decide what is worth for you.

KyDubEj8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 R-02122 -- 1998 Civic J swap coupe (WIP)
Hello, XI gen friends. Any idea when this will be available for the FK8 homies?
We like racecar farts too 👉🏼👈🏼

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Not sure why the Acura has this and the Honda doesn't . i thought they were basically the same.
Sponsored