• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LogR on Track

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Haha yea I think the record will likely be broken again this year. Hopefully he gets it. I got my flag and cool sticker so I'm content. I don't think I'll be going for it again. Gonna save my race car pennies for the actual race car. Even with buying insurance I don't think I wanna risk anything happening the Civic.

The car is mostly stock. Strut pins removed, Hawk brakes up front, SRF brake fluid, Apex Wheels, and RT660 tires. When I bought the tires I had no intention of doing TT so went for the best track day tire. It would be fun to see what a set of the better 200TW could do.
Sorry if this question has been asked a million of times. What’s the max camber you get with the strut pins removed?

I’m looking at a set of BBS RI-A with 18x9.5 +40 wheels for track use. Hoping at no time under cornering that these with rub with 265/35 Potenza RE tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Sorry if this question has been asked a million of times. What’s the max camber you get with the strut pins removed?

I’m looking at a set of BBS RI-A with 18x9.5 +40 wheels for track use. Hoping at no time under cornering that these with rub with 265/35 Potenza RE tires.

I just can’t stand how bad the PS4S tires are.
I got an additional -.3* after removing the pins. I'm terrible with wheel offsets so not really sure if that would help you with clearance.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I totally get that. It happened to me, and on my second FL5, and it mentally kinda broke me when I took the new one to the track. Too much I can't wad this car up again, etc. So have to go try to get my new project NC Miata working and running.

Yeah the 660 leaves A LOT to be desired. I tried the V730 and they were meh, the 71RS I had were great.
Yea, having the big one takes a lot to come back from. I've done it three times in miata so I know I'm good at it. Can't keep risking the Type R like that. Still wanna do some track days with it but won't likely go chasing time with it agian.

Djseto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mazda RX7, 2023 Boost Blue FL5
I just can’t stand how bad the PS4S tires are.
What’s your gripe with these tires? I’ve been tracking them for years on my 400WHP RX7. For a 300TW tire I thinks they punch way above their weight class. I run VIR at a pretty decent intermediate group pace. It’s a fast track and those tires do well for an all around high performance summer tire. They talk before they let go. They certainly aren’t a slick or lower TW tire but I’m not sure there is a better tire in its class based on my experience and from talking to other track people and instructors.

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
What’s your gripe with these tires? I’ve been tracking them for years on my 400WHP RX7. For a 300TW tire I thinks they punch way above their weight class. I run VIR at a preset decent intermediate group pace. It’s a fast track and those tires do well for an all around high performance summer tire. The talk before they let go. The certainly aren’t a slick or lower TW tire but I’m not sure there is a better tire in its class based on my experience and from talking to other track people and instructors.
I guess my expectations and comparisons isn’t totally fair. I’ve only tracked with 200 rated tires, like the Dunlop Direzza, Bridgestone Potenza, etc. As you say, the PS4S is the better tire for its class. For me, they give out too fast. I got around 3-4 laps. I would however say that it was an appropriate tire since it was a bit damp on my track day.

So yeah, unfair expectations.

Djseto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mazda RX7, 2023 Boost Blue FL5
I guess my expectations and comparisons isn’t totally fair. I’ve only tracked with 200 rated tires, like the Dunlop Direzza, Bridgestone Potenza, etc. As you say, the PS4S is the better tire for its class. For me, they give out too fast. I got around 3-4 laps. I would however say that it was an appropriate tire since it was a bit damp on my track day.

So yeah, unfair expectations.
What kind of tire pressures were you running? I’ve found they like about 26-28si cold. I ran 28 front and 26 rear. They tend to be quite sensitive to pressure but if you’re running 200TW, I def see how they can be underwhelming. I’ve run them on wet track days and they def shine there.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
What kind of tire pressures were you running? I’ve found they like about 26-28si cold. I ran 28 front and 26 rear. They tend to be quite sensitive to pressure but if you’re running 200TW, I def see how they can be underwhelming. I’ve run them on wet track days and they def shine there.
If I remember correctly I only went down as low as 30F and 28R. I was going to run these till they fall off but I changed my mind. I’m going to throw these on the car later.
11th Gen Honda Civic LogR on Track IMG_1836

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Just one thing to add, by comparison to the FK8 OE tires, the PS4S is definitely better. I’m going to edit out how bad the PS4S are because it’s not being fair with the comparison.
Sponsored