• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LogR on Track

Pwalker1130

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R, R-16550
I took my FL5 to the track for the first time this weekend and had an absolute blast! Such a capable car, really enjoyable. After tracking rear wheel drive Porsches these last few years, the front wheel drive FL5 was such a joy!

I did set up LogR for this event and got some great telemetry. I couldn't get my camera mount to cooperate so no video unfortunately. But I'll post a picture from LogR for anyone interested.

A few tips for LogR:
  • When setting up the start/stop line, I discovered the arrow indicates the direction you're going. I had to flip the map upside down in order for GPS to pick up when you cross the line
  • Remember to engage the parking brake before uploading any of your runs to the cloud
Can't wait to go back!!

11th Gen Honda Civic LogR on Track IMG_4969.PNG
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I am experiencing Log R envy. Don't have that built in on the FK8...very cool.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
I am experiencing Log R envy. Don't have that built in on the FK8...very cool.
The facelift FK8 has it. Some people managed to install that on pre-facelift FK8s and get it to a semi working state. It's nice at first, but then you see it's not that useful. People inevitably go back to garmin catalysts or aim solos.

I like my LogR because I use it to add data overlays on GoPro recorded videos in racerender.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Yeah, my 2018 is pre-facelift. Like its driver.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
The facelift FK8 has it. Some people managed to install that on pre-facelift FK8s and get it to a semi working state. It's nice at first, but then you see it's not that useful. People inevitably go back to garmin catalysts or aim solos.

I like my LogR because I use it to add data overlays on GoPro recorded videos in racerender.
Can you explain how to export the logged data from the app? It wasn't clear to me how it works.

OP
OP
Pwalker1130

Pwalker1130

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R, R-16550
Can you explain how to export the logged data from the app? It wasn't clear to me how it works.
You have to put on your parking brake, go to the Data Log section, then tap "Log Management" at the top. You can choose while logs you want to upload to the Cloud and then review them on the App.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
The FK8 version runs on your phone. You can then go to settings, Log management, log export. It saves a .hondalogr file to your device memory. Can you do something like this on the FL5 version of the app? Copy this file to a pc and use a tool to convert it to csv. I can get you a link for the tool once I get home.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I couldn't figure out how to get any files exported out of the FL5 LogR. Next best thing was just to screen record the LogR app and use RaceRender to overlay it on the lap. It's not ideal but it gets the job done if you're looking to share a single lap. I'm not sure if there is a way to get the app to play through consecutive laps on.

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I couldn't figure out how to get any files exported out of the FL5 LogR. Next best thing was just to screen record the LogR app and use RaceRender to overlay it on the lap. It's not ideal but it gets the job done if you're looking to share a single lap. I'm not sure if there is a way to get the app to play through consecutive laps on.
How did the car feel on track? My buddies run WDCR TT as well.

OP
OP
Pwalker1130

Pwalker1130

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R, R-16550
I had a great time when I tracked my car! It's a great combination of momentum and power, I could carry a lot of speed into the corners and get on the throttle a lot earlier than I was used to. Overall, a fantastic experience!

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
These cars are so damn good. Grip levels are awesome. Horsepower seems about perfect for a track day car. FWD so no on throttle scaryness to deal with. The lift off oversteer is a bit dramatic and almost caught me out once in a damp session but is part of the game to get a FWD car to turn. Pretty sure the guy behind me saw the entire side of my car LOL. I think with stickier tires and some dedicated track brakes (mine had a decent shake in them) there is probably another .5-1 second in the car.

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
These cars are so damn good. Grip levels are awesome. Horsepower seems about perfect for a track day car. FWD so no on throttle scaryness to deal with. The lift off oversteer is a bit dramatic and almost caught me out once in a damp session but is part of the game to get a FWD car to turn. Pretty sure the guy behind me saw the entire side of my car LOL. I think with stickier tires and some dedicated track brakes (mine had a decent shake in them) there is probably another .5-1 second in the car.
what mods were you running?

Heard the DCT Elantra Ns are coming for you in S3 :p

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
what mods were you running?

Heard the DCT Elantra Ns are coming for you in S3 :p
Haha yea I think the record will likely be broken again this year. Hopefully he gets it. I got my flag and cool sticker so I'm content. I don't think I'll be going for it again. Gonna save my race car pennies for the actual race car. Even with buying insurance I don't think I wanna risk anything happening the Civic.

The car is mostly stock. Strut pins removed, Hawk brakes up front, SRF brake fluid, Apex Wheels, and RT660 tires. When I bought the tires I had no intention of doing TT so went for the best track day tire. It would be fun to see what a set of the better 200TW could do.

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Haha yea I think the record will likely be broken again this year. Hopefully he gets it. I got my flag and cool sticker so I'm content. I don't think I'll be going for it again. Gonna save my race car pennies for the actual race car. Even with buying insurance I don't think I wanna risk anything happening the Civic.

The car is mostly stock. Strut pins removed, Hawk brakes up front, SRF brake fluid, Apex Wheels, and RT660 tires. When I bought the tires I had no intention of doing TT so went for the best track day tire. It would be fun to see what a set of the better 200TW could do.
I totally get that. It happened to me, and on my second FL5, and it mentally kinda broke me when I took the new one to the track. Too much I can't wad this car up again, etc. So have to go try to get my new project NC Miata working and running.

Yeah the 660 leaves A LOT to be desired. I tried the V730 and they were meh, the 71RS I had were great.
Sponsored