• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mod List and Order to Add

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Hey everyone,

Never had a turbo car and have done some reading but wanting to make sure I’m on the right path. Is there an order you could add mods to see most benefit individually? For example, I’ve read that doing only front pipe is kind of pointless if you don’t do the down pipe too. I’ll most likely add ktuner first. Waiting on intake and exhausts options so front pipe, down pipe, intercooler were next but not all at once. I typically space mods out over maybe 6 months so I don’t create a monster in my wallet but want to see a difference when upgrading something. Thanks in advance for any input and guidance.
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Hey everyone,

Never had a turbo car and have done some reading but wanting to make sure I’m on the right path. Is there an order you could add mods to see most benefit individually? For example, I’ve read that doing only front pipe is kind of pointless if you don’t do the down pipe too. I’ll most likely add ktuner first. Waiting on intake and exhausts options so front pipe, down pipe, intercooler were next but not all at once. I typically space mods out over maybe 6 months so I don’t create a monster in my wallet but want to see a difference when upgrading something. Thanks in advance for any input and guidance.
Ktuner first :thumbsup:

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
What's your goal? If just a little more power, I would do an off the shelf Tune (Hondata or Ktuner) and a cone filter intake when they come out for the little added sound.

If you want noise, then just go exhaust.

To keep things cool, you could then do an intercooler (especially before the next step).

Substantially more power, I would do the flex fuel kit and downpipe/frontpipe with custom tune. You will also need to do a clutch at this point.

Extreme power, turbo upgrade along with fuel system upgrades. If you want to jump straight to this I would buy a turbo kit when they come out that includes the downpipe, front pipe combo.

After that, a built block, head job, Haltech Elite 1500, PPG Gears...all the fun stuff.

Oh yea, tires and brakes. Always tires and brakes.

OP
OP
jsocks014

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
What's your goal? If just a little more power, I would do an off the shelf Tune (Hondata or Ktuner) and a cone filter intake when they come out for the little added sound.

If you want noise, then just go exhaust.

To keep things cool, you could then do an intercooler (especially before the next step).

Substantially more power, I would do the flex fuel kit and downpipe/frontpipe with custom tune. You will also need to do a clutch at this point.

Extreme power, turbo upgrade along with fuel system upgrades. If you want to jump straight to this I would buy a turbo kit when they come out that includes the downpipe, front pipe combo.

After that, a built block, head job, Haltech Elite 1500, PPG Gears...all the fun stuff.

Oh yea, tires and brakes. Always tires and brakes.
Actually some of my thought was hold off to see what else comes out. It’s my daily driver so I don’t want to sacrifice too much comfort and reliability. Aware of the weak clutches and I’ll ultimately want to push the car past the capability/reliability of the stock clutch. Probably don’t want to dig in to internals, as much as I love a good head job 😂 Want to wait and see more intake options but you’d recommend intercooler before front and down pipes?

Violence HD

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
TBH you can pretty much push this clutch to the limit with just a KTuner.

I'd probably go
KTuner/Performance tires
Clutch
Intercooler + Piping
Intake
Downpipe
Front Pipe

OP
OP
jsocks014

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
TBH you can pretty much push this clutch to the limit with just a KTuner.

I'd probably go
KTuner/Performance tires
Clutch
Intercooler + Piping
Intake
Downpipe
Front Pipe
Seems to be the feedback but results vary on the clutch. Not what we wanted on a performance minded car but 30k only gets you so far anymore I guess. I hadn’t considered intercooler that soon, really had it at the end of the list so appreciate the feedback!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Hey everyone,

We wrote this blog for the 10th gen but it still fully applies for the new generation. Its a good read, check it out.

https://www.27won.com/blog/top-5-performance-mods-for-your-10th-gen-civic

OP
OP
jsocks014

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Good read and close to what I’ve been pondering on my way. Thanks for the link and look forward to spending some money with you 😂
If you ever have any questions just give us a call and will be happy to help.
Sponsored