Sponsored

My amateur curb rash repair

HorizonsEdge

Member
First Name
aaron
Joined
Aug 11, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
24
Reaction score
32
Location
Rockland County NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 civic type r
First time doing something like this. I decided to go a bit further than just using a black marker so I sanded with 400/600/1000 sadly I couldn't get out some of the deeper nicks. Definitely could have used some filler.

Paint: Dupli-Color Wheel Paint, Satin, Black
Clear : Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Clear Topcoat Spray, Dead Flat


For me it was good enough even though I know I could do better given a second chance.
Other positive, I got to use my full sized spare I bought off FB while I waited for the paint to cure

11th Gen Honda Civic My amateur curb rash repair w2


11th Gen Honda Civic My amateur curb rash repair w1
 

MoodySara

Senior Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
May 5, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
175
Reaction score
159
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2025 Honda Civic Type R; 2024 Honda Civic Touring
Good job. I had to look very carefully to see any difference between the repaired part and the rest of the rim.
 

menikmati

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
370
Reaction score
451
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
STI, BRZ, FL5
Good job. I had to look very carefully to see any difference between the repaired part and the rest of the rim.
Same, these are great results and a step up from the Sharpie treatment.
 

AZCWTypeR

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
516
Reaction score
415
Location
Yavapi County, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Looks good!
Use automotive spot putty to fill scratches if it still bothers you, but you'll be the only person to know it's been repaired anyway.
 

timestamped

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
147
Reaction score
165
Location
DC
Vehicle(s)
‘24 boost blue FL5, ‘15 tuxedo black FoST3
Nice job!
Sponsored

 
 







Top