• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I wanted to have wheels ready by the time my lil piglet arrives. I can't find anything that I love other than SW388.

What wheels are you going to go with UFO?
Thinking 2-piece BC Forged from kamispeed

Got it. What kind of spacer did you use. I might use that and drop onto HR springs.
20mm
Sponsored

Drew30101

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
Did you have an Si before? If so, are you glad you upgraded to Type R? Thanks.
I did purchase the 22 S.I. in February of 22. The type r Is an upgrade in every way and I have no regrets other then three things. No sunroof, 3rd row back seat, or passsnger charging ports for any passengers in the back.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I did purchase the 22 S.I. in February of 22. The type r Is an upgrade in every way and I have no regrets other then three things. No sunroof, 3rd row back seat, or passsnger charging ports for any passengers in the back.

Trade it in for an ITS. You would not want the first one on this car. (A couple hundred extra pounds inreaseing the height of center of gravity). How many times do you pack 5 in your car? If many, maybe another ride instead? The third you just run a cord. It amazes me how people gripe about things that donā€™t really donā€™t apply or matter to the core of what this car is intended to be.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Trade it in for an ITS. You would not want the first one on this car. (A couple hundred extra pounds inreaseing the height of center of gravity). How many times do you pack 5 in your car? If many, maybe another ride instead? The third you just run a cord. It amazes me how people gripe about things that donā€™t really donā€™t apply or matter to the core of what this car is intended to be.
Actually, the ITS appears to be sans-sunroof based on its media appearance and soft debut at Daytona.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Yes, that 315,000 is not low mileage to say the least, but if it was in great shape then someone got a great deal on an automotive icon at $ 9K. And prices on S2000's have been climbing steadily.

Know that whoever bought it, bought it to drive it - not flip it or turn it into a garage display - not with 315,000 miles. So it went from one enthusiast to another, and that is a good thing.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I wanted to have wheels ready by the time my lil piglet arrives. I can't find anything that I love other than SW388.

What wheels are you going to go with UFO?

I agree with you on the wheels, I'm going with EVO II Regamasters instead of SW388s though(Spoon tax is a tough pill to swallow). Been eyeing Advan RG-4s as well.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I usually see 11th Gen in sedans rather than hatchback. It was interesting to see how the resin hatch is made when walking through what needs to be address with bodywork.

Stand at the back of the car and look next to the wing stay. Under the right lighting and start looking from the D-Pillar and back towards you on the trunk, you'll see a line/seam near the wing stay.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Yes, that 315,000 is not low mileage to say the least, but if it was in great shape then someone got a great deal on an automotive icon at $ 9K. And prices on S2000's have been climbing steadily.

Know that whoever bought it, bought it to drive it - not flip it or turn it into a garage display - not with 315,000 miles. So it went from one enthusiast to another, and that is a good thing.
Half a million kilometer (~310k miles) celebration run lol. :drive:
Imagine if our CTRs sounded like this.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Hoping to pick one up in spring or summer. After the initial sticker shock, I settled down and realized that thereā€™s no other car Iā€™d rather have at this price point (my other options were used P-cars but the ones I *actually* want are a fair bit more expensive). Fingers crossed.
You can just wait I did that for my FK8 and I got it for 47k. The type r is a phenomenal car for around 50k but in the 60s and 70s which a lot of dealers are charging you can get much better cars and that will hold their value. The used value of your car when youā€™ll want to change it would be between 40-50 so you donā€™t wanna be underwater

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Half a million kilometer (~310k miles) celebration run lol. :drive:
Imagine if our CTRs sounded like this.

Show that to Corporate Honda cuz they sure as shit donā€™t make em like that anymore.

Half a million miles and still pullin like a MFer

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Show that to Corporate Honda cuz they sure as shit donā€™t make em like that anymore.

Half a million miles and still pullin like a MFer
There was someone on s2ki with over 400k miles on their S2000 a few years ago, could possibly be more now. :drive:
I admit the driving was a little sloppy though as I was practically driving with one hand lol (phone in left hand, shifting/steering with right hand). šŸ˜‚

Drew30101

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
No car is perfect, but to me the Type R is pretty close. I wasn't complaining only answering a question.....

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I agree with you on the wheels, I'm going with EVO II Regamasters instead of SW388s though(Spoon tax is a tough pill to swallow). Been eyeing Advan RG-4s as well.
Are you staying at 19 inch?

What color? I feel like we should discuss these things so we don't meet at the Dragon with twins. Which the more we talk... The more likely it seems, lol.
Sponsored