• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The same goes for the FK8. They aren’t fast, but quick. A VW Arteon, A4, Accord 10sp will all pull Type R from a dig without a sweat. Like I said it’s quick.
Random hate...

Fixation on numbers...

Mentioning two VW products...

Boostlag is that you?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I agree. I just ordered dream automotive all black seat covers (I guess fk8 fits fl5) for general protection and I constantly hit the upright bolster when getting in. Its no big deal and is super comfortable when getting in. If the highway has a lot of bows it will be a little bouncy but with a somewhat decent surface comfort mode works really well. I was on R mode and hit a bow and felt the back end car go airborn lol.
Got the front seat covers too and they're great but the rear covers don't fit the FL5 - not even close!

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Sounds like I will have to buy some new rear seat covers. Hopefully Dream will have some out soon.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
you have a pic of the fronts?
Some quick shots and not the best quality, but I think it will give you a good idea. The best part (for me) is that it's much easier to slide into the seats (i.e., less friction). It will also hopefully preserve the covers. Hope these help!

11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_8382

11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_8381

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Some quick shots and not the best quality, but I think it will give you a good idea. The best part (for me) is that it's much easier to slide into the seats (i.e., less friction). It will also hopefully preserve the covers. Hope these help!

IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_8381.jpg
Yes! Nice and thank you. I got the black ones too - left the UK a few days ago.

Ill miss the fabric on the seats though - it velcros me in.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
It’s quick but not what I would call fast.
:hmm: :crazy: I call BS on this statement!!
Isn't there a clear difference between the words "quick" and "Fast"?
"Quick" I equate to "quick around the track", being "quick and nimble", as opposed to "fast", "man that car was fast, it did 175 mph",

i.e. fast = ultimate speed, which carries a unit of miles/hour or km/hr...
quick = nimble or quick around a track, which should carry unit of time (seconds, minutes...)

So what's up with this "It’s quick but not what I would call fast" BS?

EDIT: A top fuel funny car does 300 mph, but does it make that drag car quick around Laguna Seca?!? 😁

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Ill chime in.

I can understand why so many people get upset with cars getting heavier every generation and why so many talk about the joy of a light sport cars.

The biggest observation so far that I notice is the difference in weight with the CTR compared to my GT350. Noticed the weight difference with my previous car (Scion tC) but I really couldn't feel it in terms of driving dynamics because the tC is just so slow and poor at handling (not sure if that makes sense?)

With the CTR I can really feel the weight difference in terms of driving dynamics because I can go through the same corners as my Mustang and feel how light the car is. Its definitely not as loud or rambunctious as the Mustang but it feels fun it its own right because its so light and quick. It doesn't suffer from the 4cyclinder anemia that the GR86/BRZ and Miata have but has the same benefit of being on a lightweight capable chassis.

When I really push the car, it feels so nimble and I get what people say now about it feeling like a go kart.

Last edited: