• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
the rear camera is rather crappy, low resolution and the view is too fish-bowly
Agreed. Hopefully if they improve it in future model years we can just swap the camera. It's like they used a standard camera from a lower trim level but the bigger infotainment screen makes it look worse. My 2017 Tacoma has much better resolution which is kinda weird.
Sponsored

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Question for owners with the CF wing, how is the rear visibility compared to the stock wing?
You can barely see it in the rear view.

I thought the rear view camera is much better than the one in my 17 FC3. Maybe it's just the bigger infotainment center though.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I picked mine up yesterday. First impressions love the seats, hate the console, impressed with the ride compared with the FK8 I just traded in. It seems to handle bumps, bad road and potholes much better. I drove 400 miles to pick it up and turned around and drove 400 miles back. I think I liked the navigation better in my 2019 it was Garmin, don't know what this system is. Do like the honda sensing so far. That was the only reason for trading. The forged wheels and carbon wing really set it off. Wasn't sure i would like the boost blue color better than my old car, but it really pops.
11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_3603
11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_3607

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Oh wow, I thought the blue was the same on FK8/FL5! Much prefer the smurfier tone of the FL5 in pics.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Oh wow, I thought the blue was the same on FK8/FL5! Much prefer the smurfier tone of the FL5 in pics.
Boost Blue is the name of the color on the FL5. The FK8 also had that color after the refresh.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I picked mine up yesterday. First impressions love the seats, hate the console, impressed with the ride compared with the FK8 I just traded in. It seems to handle bumps, bad road and potholes much better. I drove 400 miles to pick it up and turned around and drove 400 miles back. I think I liked the navigation better in my 2019 it was Garmin, don't know what this system is. Do like the honda sensing so far. That was the only reason for trading. The forged wheels and carbon wing really set it off. Wasn't sure i would like the boost blue color better than my old car, but it really pops.
IMG_3603.jpeg
IMG_3607.jpeg
Oh man we didn’t get the Aegean blue Type R’s in Canada. I absolutely love love love that colour!

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Boost Blue is the name of the color on the FL5. The FK8 also had that color after the refresh.
Ahhh, thanks - I would have sworn BB was on FK8s too! Miami is a funny place for cars - haven't seen a bunch of new stuff yet (Z, FL5) but I can see a Chiron or a Roller without having to look hard.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Ahhh, thanks - I would have sworn BB was on FK8s too! Miami is a funny place for cars - haven't seen a bunch of new stuff yet (Z, FL5) but I can see a Chiron or a Roller without having to look hard.
Boost was also on the FK8. Lol I'm confused.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me a full week and 700 miles to realize the FL5 CTR does not have parking sensor in the US...:doh:

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2021 Type R,
2200 miles in. Daily driven in NY. I got 5 other vehicles and by far the FL5 is my favorite. I feel more comfortable daily driving my FL5 over my FK8. I full send since day one, never believed in breaking in a car, that’s just me. Only issue I had was catching a bubble in the tire due to the dealer not taking out the "plastic spring spacer" and I hit a little pothole. (Tire replaced at 2100 miles).

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that it took me a full week and 700 miles to realize the FL5 CTR does not have parking sensor in the US...:doh:
Probably the one thing I wish the car came with that's missing

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Why does everyone want parking sensors? The rear camera and blind spot system works very well at warning for cross traffic in parking lots. I just line up the edge of the bumper with the ground in the backup camera and that is essentially where the bumper position is. For the front sensors it's not like they would help with curb parking. I really don't see the need for them... 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored