• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
I think every generation people have mixed views.

Over time each generation earns more respect for what it is and what it’s potential becomes.
Sponsored

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
Really is awesome. Reminds me of the S2000 RPM gauge. And love that it shows the actual important gauges there now too. Looks like it has pre- and post-radiator water temp which is great. That coupled with the hood vent shows they care about the reports of overheating from the FK8.

Edit: looks to be intake temp, not pre-/post-radiator water temp.
I see the s2000 resemblance but this is very similar to the look of the Pilot and Ridgeline tach.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Super excited for this if it's truly all made in Japan.

btw, google search for "honda circuit blue" shows a lot of NSX in blue. Wonder if that was a bit of real info or not from Redline Reviews video.
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 1658375325614

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+171lbs so probably +20hp? I would estimate they lowered the gear ratio so top speed down but more track and street oriented. So it could be less than +20 as well.

USDM are manufactured in Indiana.

Last edited:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
These shots of the rear diffuser from a Japanese video show it's surprisingly large. It goes right up to the rear wheel well. The engineer was mentioning it's effectiveness so they didn't have to put a huge wing. They noted that they got input from an engineer on the Super GT team to shape the front fender vent and the side skirt.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 8.47.08 PM

Interestingly, the Japanese version seems to have Alcantara on the wheel but the U.S. one has leather. Shift boot is also Alcantara.

When asked why 19 inch instead of 20 inch wheels, the project leader Hideki Kakinuma said making the wheel and tire wider made it too heavy, so they went down an inch. The rim is a "reversed" design where the profile of the wheel just behind the spokes doesn't get smaller in diameter like most wheels. It stays flat so that the air valve stem has to make a 90 degree bend in order to point outward. It makes the wheel look big while still being smaller.

The LogR system, when you're at a recognized circuit in Japan, lets you disable the 180kph speed limiter. (yay!)

Last edited:

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seem like they took away Alcantara. It's too hard to clean. I love the looks and feel, but wearing gloves all the time is not the most practical. There a type R I see all the time in my area with gloves on the dash.

Also... https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...roduction-volume-deliveries.50871/post-825230
If this post is right, power would be 325hp in Japan, which is 9hp increase. So we might see 315hp. Torque seems to kick in 100rpm earlier with a small gain too. I think I was guessing +7hp for 313hp. But let's see. Sounds like a fair bit of extra weight.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Seem like they took away Alcantara. It's too hard to clean. I love the looks and feel, but wearing gloves all the time is not the most practical. There a type R I see all the time in my area with gloves on the dash.

Also... https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...roduction-volume-deliveries.50871/post-825230
If this post is right, power would be 325hp in Japan, which is 9hp increase. So we might see 315hp. Torque seems to kick in 100rpm earlier with a small gain too. I think I was guessing +7hp for 313hp. But let's see. Sounds like a fair bit of extra weight.
It’s a good guess. I’m not expecting anything radical in terms of horsepower performance boost with this gen either.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes please! Bring it to Canada! Haha!

Also, I noticed Honda's video has front and rear parking sensors while the press vehicles at the US event didn't have them.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Looks good without the camo, but I'm still in the FK8 camp looks-wise. The FK8's wacky styling aside, I think the slanted headlights, lower sloping hood, shorter overall length, and the rising angle of the front-to-rear window beltline give it a meaner stance/look.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos SmartSelect_20220721-003603_Gallery

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos SmartSelect_20220721-003935_Gallery

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos SmartSelect_20220721-003822_Gallery
Sponsored