• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
We're getting overrun with New York and California people already lol please stay. Too much traffic. 😂
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
that has been up for like 8 months

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
No Black in Canada!!

Championship White,Rallye Red and Sonic Grey only
where is this from? anyways, I think I would be fine with either of the 3. probably prefer white/grey to red though.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I work for Honda in Canada,and that's what weve been told!

Maybe for the first year,,could change later
sucks no blue in the first year, but at least it's not like '17 when we only got B&W.. thx for sharing

jinnrice

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R champion white
Nope ..never had heated seat in Canada for the Type-R
in one of the review videos, they showed the seats with some honey comb outlines. Might be for heated seats if that will be a addon???

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
40k car with no heated seats and parking sensors is kinda wack. If VW updated the Golf R with physical buttons, it might just sway me.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
I like it, I think it's handsome. I'm surprised by how much I couldn't see the overall shape when it still had camo, too.

The data available in the gauge cluster and infotainment screen — I'm SO jealous. I wish Honda made this stuff available for my FK7 from the factory (yeah, even a CVT temp readout would be nice).

I also think it's cool that we'll have such different CTRs available for a while. The crazy Gundam FK8 and this muscular FL5 can easily coexist since they're both so capable already.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
@jinnrice Honeycomb is part of the seat perforation design. I thought perforation meant some airflow but doesn't seem like that's a thing. I would want heated seats but knowing this is still some kind of fabric mimicking sway, at least it won't be as cold as leather or synthetic leather.

@Boostlag 40k without the comforts does seem steep. At least for me, I'm okay with that as I don't care for more weight and would be happy if they spend the dollars in making it more engaging for the driver. VW Golf R is really nice but it's super understated, less cargo, and basically driver engagement is just not there according to reviews (and that's before you consider the problem of accidentally touching buttons on the wheel while trying to drive). It does have AWD which is nice for winter but otherwise just extra weight 90% of the time.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650, 2017 CBP Pilot EXL, 2008 NBP FA5 Si
9.5" wide wheels will offer a huge performance advantage over the FK8.
From the factory at least. The FK8 can easily accept an aftermarket 9.5" wheel and 265 tires. I'm glad that they are 19's though.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I agree with this. I'm happy to see this design. It works for my lifestyle and preferences. I always said to myself that I love the FK8 but styling could be toned down with better infotainment plus getting rid of those cheap wheel buttons and it would be perfect. Now they've done that and more. This is really just a car maker changing up designs to capture a different audience. Lots of people that prefer FK8 will have to keep shopping the FK8 used market but ones that held off because of the style are going to jump onboard now. Honda knows this. It's just part of their design cycles to target different audiences. I don't see this as a way to make more money outside of standard Civics, but rather a way to get the Type R into more hands. With such limited numbers, it's more of a branding thing than profit for them.

I like it, I think it's handsome. I'm surprised by how much I couldn't see the overall shape when it still had camo, too.

The data available in the gauge cluster and infotainment screen — I'm SO jealous. I wish Honda made this stuff available for my FK7 from the factory (yeah, even a CVT temp readout would be nice).

I also think it's cool that we'll have such different CTRs available for a while. The crazy Gundam FK8 and this muscular FL5 can easily coexist since they're both so capable already.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650, 2017 CBP Pilot EXL, 2008 NBP FA5 Si
in one of the review videos, they showed the seats with some honey comb outlines. Might be for heated seats if that will be a addon???
Pretty sure the subtitles in the video mention that these holes allow the seat to breathe, thereby reducing the "sweaty back" syndrome during spirited driving.
Sponsored