• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
Nope ..never had heated seat in Canada for the Type-R
You missed the sarcasm note.
But the CDN Market FK8 had more goodies than the USDM FK8, as does the 11th gen Si. I wouldn’t be surprised if in Canada we get the heated seats, and parking sensors etc.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
But the CDN Market FK8 had more goodies than the USDM FK8, as does the 11th gen Si. I wouldn’t be surprised if in Canada we get the heated seats, and parking sensors etc.
heated seats I can probably live without given the seats are fabric vs leather and I live in LM, but parking sensors would be real nice. Obviously they have room to put them in (JDM variant in video)

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
10 out of 10 for me. The attention to detail of the exterior, interior, and engine bay is really impressive. Widened rear doors shows no expense was spared aesthetically.
Love how utilitarian the interior is, reminiscent of the DC2 and EK9. I hope a Sportline trim is available in the US, as the wing is not needed for someone not tracking the car.

Here's hoping that production is at least on level with the last gen 🤞

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
What's wrong with sharing an opinion? Isn't that what you're doing with this post? Where did he use the poor language and caps? That seems to be your interpretation. I didn't get that at all from his post.
That's exactly it, it's not just this post, look at all of the recent posts he has been doing that. Obviously it's exaggerated but it's clearly the intent. Replying to almost every comment on a thread saying the same thing is just weird. *By every comment I mean every comment talking about how they miss the FK8 or something*

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
What's wrong with sharing an opinion? Isn't that what you're doing with this post? Where did he use the poor language and caps? That seems to be your interpretation. I didn't get that at all from his post.
Well it appears he is banned now so it all worked out, wasn't trying to start anything just was pointing out that he didn't need to go around telling everyone the same thing when you reply once, everyone can see it lol

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Man, I really wanted to love it.

I am banned on Youtube (falsely), but I'm going to release my full thoughts on the 2023 Type-R in this forum in a video form. I am happy I got one of the last Type-R's (#42793) before they were done with production. This new car just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't get me excited like the last generation did.

I am going to hold off and try and reserve most of my opinions until it's released and seen in person. I congratulate Honda on listening to their community. They appeal to a different customer base now with the towned-down look. I do believe that this is a good car with good updates, and it does look very simple. But I also believe the new gen will just blend in a little too much.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos type r

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
I know as for the Si ,we always had more standard features in Canada,but for the FK8 ,i think it was the same Worldwide..

Went to a car show with my '18 FK8 a few years back and was park beside a guy from NJ,and both cars were identical as for the inside

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
I know as for the Si ,we always had more standard features in Canada,but for the FK8 ,i think it was the same Worldwide..

Went to a car show with my '18 FK8 a few years back and was park beside a guy from NJ,and both cars were identical as for th inside
In Canada, I believe the differences were Lane change camera, wireless charging, heated mirrors, and integrated turn signals in mirrors(the last one might have been in the US too)

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
How in the world is this vehicle 800 pounds more than my FK8??

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
I'm surprised how many people here are stuck on the heated seats lol

Anyway the car looks good to me. Looking forward to hearing further detail on the performance improvements. That's what its all about! Maybe if there are significant revisions in that department, I'll trade in my 10th gen CTR.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I think it might be the regional discrepancies that frustrate some (myself included with the rear middle seat and how it's apparently different between FK8 UK and US market vehicles)

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Right! That's what I am saying. I don't care for heated seats on this car. It does not need it. If you actually drive the car, you'll know that the suede does not really get hot or cold, in my opinion. And I think heated seats obviously would add unnecessary weight to the car, as well as I think too much heat would probably ruin the suede is also my guess.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I mean I love my parking sensors, it helps so much when parallel parking but heated seats is just something I've grown used to that I can't live with out. I even use them during the summer to soothe my aching back but in the winter its just mandatory.

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
From the factory at least. The FK8 can easily accept an aftermarket 9.5" wheel and 265 tires. I'm glad that they are 19's though.
Unfortunately, many sanctioning bodies do not allow that much of a change in wheel size. It's not that they won't fit. SCCA Solo rules are ± 1" on wheel diameter and ± 7mm on offset.

I'm running 19x8.5'snd would love to switch to 19x9.5, but cannot due to the competition rules.
Sponsored