• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
How in the world is this vehicle 800 pounds more than my FK8??
It’s not. GVWR is the full weight the vehicle can safely handle. So like the weight of the car plus passengers plus groceries plus fluids and what not. It’s about 90lbs more than the FK8’s GVWR.
Sponsored

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
How in the world is this vehicle 800 pounds more than my FK8??
It will not weigh 800 more. A vehicle's GVWR is the maximum amount of weight the vehicle can weigh when fully loaded with occupants and cargo. It's not the curb weight. It likely will be heavier but not by TOO much.

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
It will not weigh 800 more. A vehicle's GVWR is the maximum amount of weight the vehicle can weigh when fully loaded with occupants and cargo. It's not the curb weight. It likely will be heavier but not by TOO much.
That makes a lot more sense, I was thinking it had to have an AWD system added for that kind of weight and even then that would still be a lot to go from FWD to AWD

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
I have a 2019 FK8 and a 2022 Si (FE1). The 11th gen chassis is much improved over the 10th gen car. Stiffer chassis, wider tires, a few more horsepower and the FL5 will be amazing. That hood vent will allow the turbo heat to vent, hopefully eliminating the overheating tendencies on track.

This will be an amazing track car! I just cannot justify the significantly higher price this car will command in today's market. I'll enjoy my FK8 for many more years.

Though I'm glad Honda is making this car!

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
In Canada, I believe the differences were Lane change camera, wireless charging, heated mirrors, and integrated turn signals in mirrors(the last one might have been in the US too)
sucks Si isnt even available for 23 MY anymore. seems like anyone wanting a performance variant from Honda is stuck with CTR or Integra.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
honda discontinued the SI in canada?
not sure discontinued on purpose or forced (parts shortage) but its no longer listed. It's been that way for a while too (a month at least) so i dont think it's a mistake either.

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
In Canada, I believe the differences were Lane change camera, wireless charging, heated mirrors, and integrated turn signals in mirrors(the last one might have been in the US too)
Yeah ,you are right,i remember the American guy complaning about no wireless charging !

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Weird the Si was on the site like 2 days ago… (Canada)

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Now this doesnt look bad compared to the other 11th gen.
The rear is giving me Porsche vibes