• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, I say let the haters hate, even if I disagree. And we do all have to remember, anytime any new car comes out, the first people to talk mad shit, are the previous Gen owners mad that their car will not be the newest and coolest. Happened when the s550 Mustang came out, and all the s197 guys talked mad crap about them, even thought it was literally an improvement in every single way.
Sponsored

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Yeah, I say let the haters hate, even if I disagree. And we do all have to remember, anytime any new car comes out, the first people to talk mad shit, are the previous Gen owners mad that their car will not be the newest and coolest. Happened when the s550 Mustang came out, and all the s197 guys talked mad crap about them, even thought it was literally an improvement in every single way.
Looks will always be subjective. From a performance standpoint, the car is definitely better in every way. There is no argument there

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I mean, welcome to the internet I guess.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
from FK8 fb group,
Ohio factory worker "confirming" it will be built in Japan.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos 1658427742340

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
Given this probably the last manual ICE type R, i'm glad the style fits me better than FK8. When FK8 came out i was still in 30's, even then it's hard to pull the trigger. Went to dealership few times to see in person then walked away. I still like FK8 just bit too much for me, while Golf R is too plain (new one is better), FL5 seems in between. Now i'm #3 on the list from my local dealer, just need first 2 guys to hate it so much to drop the order. Win Win for everyone. :thumbsup:

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos camry.PNG

I always thought Camry looks pretty nice. Black rear spoiler of ctr got me looking at this lol They're both great cars :) I dont care if it looks alike haha

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
too overstyled imo. Like a family car trying to be hip.
yup. haha I guess theres market for that.
The FL5 does give me strong Toyota vibes!
Yeah my girlfriend and I watched the reveal together and she thought it looks like Camry with black trims (my gf loves the design of Camry). So shes looting for me to get ctr this winter!

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
My first post gentleman but I found this video with engine start and exhaust. Haven't seen this in any other press vid and thought id share.

Starts at 6:34 in the vid

Shift knob looks just like the one in my 20 Si coupe. I was hoping for something new, however it's a nice knob.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos Si 20rshiftr

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Honda has a used a Titanium shift knob in every one of the Type R's. Its one of the design signatures.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
That hood vent will allow the turbo heat to vent, hopefully eliminating the overheating tendencies on track.

This will be an amazing track car!
Vented hoods were never remotely enough to stop fk8s from overheating. Honda indeed took some steps to improve that. We already knew, from the Si and camo pictures, that they moved the engine backwards, made more room for the hot zone near the turbo, changed the turbo manufacturer (supposedly it's not Mitsubishi anymore), included a hood vent instead of a scoop, put a larger grill.... There's also that part close to the intake written 'Type R' that I still don't understand. Unfortunately mods similar to these were not enough to manage overheating in fk8s. Here I was hoping the new CTR would come with OEM oil coolers, but the lack of vents was telling...

It'll definitely be amazing at the race track.
Sponsored