• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
I don't know, I might change my mind by the time 2026-2027 comes around. I wasn't keen on giving up my AP1 for the FK8 at first, either. The increased performance of the FL5 is always a plus I don't think anyone is arguing against that, not a fan of the exterior, lukewarm on the interior, but like the updated processor and display on the infotainment (this might be persuasive enough). Maybe I'm making assumptions for members here, but I would guess that most people who bought FK8s can swing an FL5 (unless they were foolish and bought too much car to begin with).
In this market you should be able to pull a profit off of a well kept fk8. I know I could make about $4k or more than what I paid considering I got mine for $36k. The dealer markups are the thing that is gonna suck.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Has anyone found any videos showing suspension settings at all? Do we know if the new car still has active suspension? Asking since the Si dropped it for this generation.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Different priorities lol. I make over $120k a year and $50k is a lot for a car. I got a house and shit to pay for šŸ˜‚
And I make quite a bit more than that, and also have a house and other shit to pay for. Still isnā€™t expensive.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone found any videos showing suspension settings at all? Do we know if the new car still has active suspension? Asking since the Si dropped it for this generation.
If the toning down of the exterior is any indication, the car still needs to ride as comfortably as the outgoing model, and comfort mode is too loose for tracking. So I'm assuming it would have adaptive dampers to firm up the suspension when you're in the mood for some spirited driving. I doubt they would mellow the looks and have it ride firm all the time. Just a guess.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
Itā€™s not. GVWR is the full weight the vehicle can safely handle. So like the weight of the car plus passengers plus groceries plus fluids and what not. Itā€™s about 90lbs more than the FK8ā€™s GVWR.
itā€™s actually 171 lbs more (gross - max capacity = + 171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
To me, the new R looks more sophisticated. That could be good or bad, depending on the look youā€™re after.

I like it. But for some strange reason I liked it more I with camo.

The fenders definitely looked much wider with the wrap. They donā€™t show that well on white with clearcoat.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
itā€™s actually 171 lbs more (gross - max capacity = + 171
GVWR for my 2020 CTR = 1760kg
GVWR for FL5 = 1800kg

thatā€™s what I was using to make the basis for my 90lbs claim.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
Lmao you guys are loaded , I make under around 40k usd after tax . i Miss out on fk8 Australia cut out on us late 2020 .

for the FL5 it almost tick all the boxes just mainly front bar have too much black, it just make the front missing a chunk.

yes is seem like a new trend, some how the camo look better coz is the same color all round .
the black lip on the FL5 ( can we call that a lip ? ) if look closely front bar go under the black lip ish but not really , just the side vent black line make it felt that way . for that it feel try cheap . This just imo on a white FL5 . Than again black would look awesome and the camo

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And I make quite a bit more than that, and also have a house and other shit to pay for. Still isnā€™t expensive.
$50k per year is still a lot to spend on a car in my opinion, but very few people are spending that on a car especially when debt is so cheap relative to inflation (and easy to get for cars). Also, I suspect this car will have tremendously low depreciation.

Personally, I budget my transportation costs to be under $20k/yr and estimate owning this vehicle would be a bit under that cost in my case. A good rule of thumb is to keep transport costs under 12-15% of your gross income. In that case, you should make about $133k/yr. However, I've seen people spend up to half of their gross income on vehicle ownership alone, which I wouldn't recommend o_O.

Also, I know some people on this forum may be transferring lump sums from FK8 sales which is a different story.

Edit: Removed my income, this is not a contest.

Last edited:

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
I think a safe assumption would be that it would stay the same. They have 3 drive modes now and the +R mode with active suspension. That was mentioned in one of the release videos Iā€™m pretty sure

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I make 6-7x that in a year depending on market conditions. $50k per year is still a lot to spend on a car in my opinion, but very few people are spending that on a car especially when debt is so cheap relative to inflation (and easy to get for cars). Also, I suspect this car will have tremendously low depreciation.

Personally, I budget my transportation costs to be under $20k/yr and estimate owning this vehicle would be a bit under that cost in my case. A good rule of thumb is to keep transport costs under 12-15% of your gross income. In that case, you should make about $133k/yr. However, I've seen people spend up to half of their gross income on vehicle ownership alone, which I wouldn't recommend o_O.

Also, I know some people on this forum may be transferring lump sums from FK8 sales which is a different story.

Edit: This should go without saying, but I'm not telling anybody what to do, just my opinion.
All of a sudden this has become an earnings contest. Trust me, those with the big brass ones never tellā€¦.

Now lets get back on topicā€¦

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
When FK8 came out, people bitched that it looks like Megatron raped a Gundam and had a retarded baby

Now when Honda fixes all the complaints, cheap build quality, interior design, no fake vents and clean muscular body... People bitch its too bland.

I hope to hell these things don't sell because I need one.
Yeah I honestly don't care if people don't like it. I like it, and I want one. Thats all that matters. Styling aside, the car will be objectively better as they have added nice features like a valved exhuast. Not to mention the other nice interior bits and the improved digital cludter and being able to see Oil temps and other data on demand

Vented hoods were never remotely enough to stop fk8s from overheating. Honda indeed took some steps to improve that. We already knew, from the Si and camo pictures, that they moved the engine backwards, made more room for the hot zone near the turbo, changed the turbo manufacturer (supposedly it's not Mitsubishi anymore), included a hood vent instead of a scoop, put a larger grill.... There's also that part close to the intake written 'Type R' that I still don't understand. Unfortunately mods similar to these were not enough to manage overheating in fk8s. Here I was hoping the new CTR would come with OEM oil coolers, but the lack of vents was telling...

It'll definitely be amazing at the race track.
From what Ive read on the track forums the engine doesn't really need oil coolers. Its the ECT and IAT temperatures that get high which would cause the engine to overheat with the FK8s. Oil temps weren't really a major issue

If what you say is true then the overheating problems should be alleviated.

Last edited: