• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
My solution to all haters of the FL5

ā€œyes itā€™s blend and ugly. The previous was so much better. Now go away and down hype the FL5 as much as you can so that I can get 1 in MSRP.ā€
Amen.

This is only the beginning unfortunately. People love to hate, and when it comes to a new model year, especially fans of a previous generation, will non stop pick apart this car for one thing or the other.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Amen.

This is only the beginning unfortunately. People love to hate, and when it comes to a new model year, especially fans of a previous generation, will non stop pick apart this car for one thing or the other.
Yeah itā€™s just folks who canā€™t afford to ditch current and get new. Like a weird buyers remorse almost. I canā€™t afford to do it either due to the current car market but I ainā€™t bitchin. Yā€™all enjoy the FL5. Iā€™ll join you in a few years. ;)

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I think a big thing is also that the FK8 was the first CTR to come to North America so itā€™ll have a larger more dedicated fan base than normal. Iā€™m hoping they sell great and Iā€™ll probably upgrade my FK8 in a few years to the FL5 once the facelift and all the bugs get ironed out. I like to buy final year vehicles or face lift vehicles anyways and then by that time people will know the limits and the faults of the new R.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
I think a big thing is also that the FK8 was the first CTR to come to North America so itā€™ll have a larger more dedicated fan base than normal. Iā€™m hoping they sell great and Iā€™ll probably upgrade my FK8 in a few years to the FL5 once the facelift and all the bugs get ironed out. I like to buy final year vehicles or face lift vehicles anyways and then by that time people will know the limits and the faults of the new R.
Yeah thatā€™s a good point. Also final model years hold resale better if you care about that kinda thing.

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Everyone has their budget & an opinion. It's OK if I like something, don't like it. The same with everyone else here. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the car. But let's be realistic. Not many people are going to pay $50k for a Type-R after dealer markup. Someone whom is wealthy - maybe. Everyone has their taste in car and their own budget. I like the FK8, just don't like the new design. And that's OK and has nothing to do with my financial situation.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Everyone has their budget & an opinion. It's OK if I like something, don't like it. The same with everyone else here. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the car. But let's be realistic. Not many people are going to pay $50k for a Type-R after dealer markup. Someone whom is wealthy - maybe. Everyone has their taste in car and their own budget. I like the FK8, just don't like the new design. And that's OK and has nothing to do with my financial situation.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will say paying $50k for a car does not make you wealthy. It may sound like a lot to someone young just starting out, but guess thatā€™s just my opinion too.

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will say paying $50k for a car does not make you wealthy. It may sound like a lot to someone young just starting out, but guess thatā€™s just my opinion too.
The purchase would have to make financial sense. FK8 held their value very well. I'm not saying that 50k is a lot, what I am saying though is paying 50k for a depreciating asset doesn't make sense to me.

If you get can get a deal on it, you're in a better situation and don't end up belly up. I do tend to like final year generations of the car more though. Should be interesting to see what resale value is like. I would presume it would still remain the same as hopefully they will keep it somewhat limited.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Different priorities lol. I make over $120k a year and $50k is a lot for a car. I got a house and shit to pay for šŸ˜‚

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Honda has a used a Titanium shift knob in every one of the Type R's. Its one of the design signatures.
The Integra Type R (JDM 1996-2001, and I think 2000-2001 USDM) had a Titanium knob, as did the NSX-R. But the FK8 has an aluminum knob. It would be nice, since Titanium has much lower heat conductivity than Aluminum, so it feels less hot and less cold to your hand.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I don't know, I might change my mind by the time 2026-2027 comes around. I wasn't keen on giving up my AP1 for the FK8 at first, either. The increased performance of the FL5 is always a plus I don't think anyone is arguing against that, not a fan of the exterior, lukewarm on the interior, but like the updated processor and display on the infotainment (this might be persuasive enough). Maybe I'm making assumptions for members here, but I would guess that most people who bought FK8s can swing an FL5 (unless they were foolish and bought too much car to begin with).
Sponsored