• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Oh I’m sure Honda corporate/engineering has internal estimates for the whole run, but assuming there actually are 6 years planned, it’s way too soon for them to finalize those numbers 4 years out and give them to dealer networks already. We’ll see what happens, I think there’s been too much uncertainty with supply chains (and there likely will be for several years) to say anything for sure.
In most cases for product timelines, corporate will have shared those timelines and their replacements with the execs at the regional HQ level, which usually gets leaked to the more well connected dealer groups execs and team members.

Whether it is set in stone or will change is TBD. But they have products at the concept, design, test, build, rollout phases already planed 10+ years in advanced. Special sku's that are at end of life like the ICE type R probably won't last a full cycle like the FK8 tbh. But who knows.

If I was a betting man, i expected the FL5's LE edition to be in 2025. Thats my guess anyways, from how aggressive the Koreans are moving to EV and performance EV, Honda can't afford to keep the FL5 going that long from a competitive standpoint.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Anyone see any pics of the real (not rendered) FL5 in blue?
I don't think we have real pics of the car outside of white and red. I could be wrong though, I really wanna see the sonic grey.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
The entire Civic line up will get mid cycle refresh in 3 years.
So I'm guessing that's when they'll stop selling pre-refresh FL5 and nothing's 100% set beyond that point.
Maybe it will be a subtle update like 2020 FK8 or maybe they'll make it a HEV. Who knows lol

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
The entire Civic line up will get mid cycle refresh in 3 years.
So I'm guessing that's when they'll stop selling pre-refresh FL5 and nothing's 100% set beyond that point.
Maybe it will be a subtle update like 2020 FK8 or maybe they'll make it a HEV. Who knows lol
ok, refresh, not a complete STOP as I interpreted when guy some posts above started talks about '3 year production run' :rolleyes:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
ok, refresh, not a complete STOP as I interpreted when guy some posts above started talks about '3 year production run' :rolleyes:
The man Is guessing... there is no garuntee there will be a refresh of the FL5 for the R ROFL. Also, the product life cycle has already been determined. Saying it's not set yet is lol. You think a fortune company like Honda hasn't already decided their 10+ product strategy by SKU.. oiii....

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
They’ll keep on making Type R and it will, keep getting better every gen.
It depends if they will use the civic type R name plate or retire it along with all ICE only engines, that's a marketing decision. They already have their EV performance models ready to go (in a few years). If they do for sure it will either be a EV or hybrid. But for ICE only this could and most likely will be the end.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It depends if they will use the civic type R name plate or retire it along with all ICE only engines, that's a marketing decision. They already have their EV performance models ready to go (in a few years). If they do for sure it will either be a EV or hybrid. But for ICE only this could and most likely will be the end.
Right on, probably last ICE and manual.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
The man Is guessing... there is no garuntee there will be a refresh of the FL5 for the R ROFL. Also, the product life cycle has already been determined. Saying it's not set yet is lol. You think a fortune company like Honda hasn't already decided their 10+ product strategy by SKU.. oiii....
Right, I'm just guessing.
I never said there will 100% be a refresh of the FL5. IF it's anything like what they've done in the past, they'll stop making the pre-refresh FL5 soon after the refresh of the regular Civics. That's all I'm trying to say. Nobody knows what they'll do with the CTR after that.
They could refresh the CTR along with other trims, or they could of course simply discontinue it.
I'm sure Honda already has plan"s." But if Honda's anything like other companies that I know about, I'm pretty sure those plans are "subject to change."

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I never said there will 100% be a refresh of the FL5. IF it's anything like what they've done in the past, they'll stop making the pre-refresh FL5 soon after the refresh of the regular Civics. That's all I'm trying to say. Nobody knows what they'll do with the CTR after that.
They could refresh the CTR along with other trims, or they could of course simply discontinue it.
I'm sure Honda already has plan"s." But if Honda's anything like other companies that I know about, I'm pretty sure those plans are "subject to change."
Problem is, they were so thoughtful on this one, I dont know how you make it better at current price point.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Full electric is still far away. Youll see your basic civics go full electric way before the type r and I dont see honda going full electric for least 20 years.
Agree - next CTR (if they make one) will likely be hybrid dct or similar auto.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
it was ctrc2022

Problem is, they were so thoughtful on this one, I dont know how you make it better at current price point.
Yeah, I've read the japanese interviews
https://response.jp/article/2022/07/21/359923.html

Its crazy, the FK8 was already defying the rules of nature for a FF platform, somehow Honda does what it does best and keeps pushing the envelope.

Talking about pushing the envelope, the Suzuka time was improved with .8 of a second.
Thats a lot and I wonder how that pace will translate on the Nordschleife loop track of the Nürburgring complex....

As an F1 fan, silently hope they will use this as a safety car in the upcoming Suzuka GP LOL...wouldnt that be the ultimate showcase commercial to petrolheads worldwide :cool:
(but I doubt they will use a FF platform in F1 of course)
Sponsored