• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
They are the same colors.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
If you cross your eyes, it reallllllly looks like a DC2 Integra (long rectangular headlights and grill in between) IMO.

1659236557123.png
Looks so much better than the EN. I have no idea why they f*cked the nose up like that.

Last edited:

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Looks so much better than the EN. I have no idea why the f*cked the nose up like that.
Did you also notice this rendering features the Honda Access Rear Wing?

Look at that carbon-fiber goodness poking from the back. This car is going to look so mean parked outside my local Fred Meyer's.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
I swear the aftermarket will do a DC2R jdm front style front bar ( if Honda do it themselves OEM will be god-like , yes wishful thinking )

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos AF112EC8-BDBE-4274-8DC7-5079991DA4C6

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
I've never been a Honda fan. This isn't to say that Honda sucks or anything like that. It's usually all the ricer guys that has turned me from the brand. I know Honda makes same great, reliable cars. I admit that. Even after owning a '90 Integra, and working for Honda for a little bit, I've always loved other cars. However, this Type R actually makes me want to buy one. Not even a maybe I'll consider it, but actually want one. It checks all the boxes for a car that would suite my life, and genuinely looks good. That interior (minus all the red) looks even better. Good enough that I'd be okay having it with all the red.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
I've never been a Honda fan. This isn't to say that Honda sucks or anything like that. It's usually all the ricer guys that has turned me from the brand. I know Honda makes same great, reliable cars. I admit that. Even after owning a '90 Integra, and working for Honda for a little bit, I've always loved other cars. However, this Type R actually makes me want to buy one. Not even a maybe I'll consider it, but actually want one. It checks all the boxes for a car that would suite my life, and genuinely looks good. That interior (minus all the red) looks even better. Good enough that I'd be okay having it with all the red.
haha I get that, ricer guys really know how to f*ck up a car, most exterior, but they are as resourceful in f*cking up interiors too.

The Supra and S2000, to name 2 legends, are one of the most sleek looking cars that came out of Japan, yet, they can also be one of the most distasteful cars after a ricer treatment.
And sadly its are those riced variants that are most know with the non JDM car people...

Maybe this is why this new gen seems sooooo unpopular with the FK8 crowd, its like they dont see any potential in the design to rice it to the bone :rolleyes: :rofl:

I mean, the hate you see on FK8 groups and even so called neutral 'Type R' groups is astonishing....

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
Lol, Let them hate, more for the rest of us. My old project car from years ago (profile pic) was no exception to the ricer treatments. Not mine per say, but that car in general. Seen so many horribly molested by the retards of the enthusiast community. Very sad in the end, for any car to get that treatment. If I am lucky enough to get the new CTR, I even plan to remove the wing and insert hole plugs for normal everyday driving. If I take it to the track, I'll throw it back on. That's honestly the only part of this car I don't like. Not a deal breaker though since I could remove it.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
I honestly dont even like the Fast and Furious franchise, for how they portrait JDM cars or the Supra specifically in that movie, but at the same time I realize that the franchise made JDM cars popular with the not so initiated car public of the world :)

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I'm probably in the minority, but to me, it's not so much the "toned down" look of the new car, as it is the general shape and design. Just not a fan of the bulky front end, and the lack of front to rear rake angle to the belt line. Some people like this look and its fine. Not saying the 10th gen hatch is an awesome design, I just prefer it over the 11th gen. The performance on the new car should be better, so that is a definite plus.

I had the S2000 (I was staring at it for 45 mins in the showroom when it first came out) - good looking car, and so was the late Prelude. They weren't over-styled, yet were simple designs and they look great, even today. And either of them looks better than the FK8 IMO. Doesn't mean I hate the FK8.

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
I agree completely. Those movies are a bit of a disservice to car enthusiasts.
Sponsored