• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
As someone who wanted CW but was only offered a BB, it's great hearing how much better boost blue looks in person. Hope everyone who took deliveries recently gets to enjoy it!
I was set on cw since day one…but the more I saw it and when I saw in person I was like nope, boost all day

white is very underwhelming imo
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
As an owner of CW I strongly disagree. Lol. I like how the car flies under the radar a bit and only people who know what it is are interested in talking about it. This is your thread though. I’ll just leave this here for a nice comparison shot of both.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 4379430E-840A-459E-8FF8-3D28186CFB4B

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
A real triumph of the FL5's design is I like every single color on it so much that I constantly waffle on which is my favorite. I love my CW for it's old school Integra DC2 JDM vibes. Every time I see a new RR photo it looks so sporty and aggressive and INTENSE. The BB reminds me of the 2001 Civic Si and is so visually fun and striking. The SGP is unique and seems to completely change color and demeanor depending on the smallest changes in light. The Black is absolutely murdered out and what you might lose in body definition you gain in killer stealth looks.

It's just a really nice car and I'm so glad to see more people get their hands on it.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
A real triumph of the FL5's design is I like every single color on it so much that I constantly waffle on which is my favorite. I love my CW for it's old school Integra DC2 JDM vibes. Every time I see a new RR photo it looks so sporty and aggressive and INTENSE. The BB reminds me of the 2001 Civic Si and is so visually fun and striking. The SGP is unique and seems to completely change color and demeanor depending on the smallest changes in light. The Black is absolutely murdered out and what you might lose in body definition you gain in killer stealth looks.

It's just a really nice car and I'm so glad to see more people get their hands on it.
Very well said. Every color has its own fans with justified reasons behind their color preferences. There is no bad color on the Type R, just different shades for different folks.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Couldn’t have said it better myself 👏

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I love BBP looks different depending on how the light hits it

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I'm also starting to notice the Honda CF wing looks pretty nice with the lowered FL5. Before lowering, I just didn't noticed it too much...now, it's also "look at me, look at me", almost :)

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also starting to notice the Honda CF wing looks pretty nice with the lowered FL5. Before lowering, I just didn't noticed it too much...now, it's also "look at me, look at me", almost :)
I agree, I love the oem cf wing, but I’m waiting on the spoon one to drop

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate tint honestly, I went with clear tint just to protect the inside and keep the uv’s out
Sponsored