• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Taking delivery on my BB here soon, what are your thoughts on the color and paint quality? Ie how easily does dirt and scratches show? What condition was the paint in upon delivery for you?

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Taking delivery on my BB here soon, what are your thoughts on the color and paint quality? Ie how easily does dirt and scratches show? What condition was the paint in upon delivery for you?
I immediately paint corrected, PPF, and ceramic coated mine upon delivery. The shop that did the work said the paint was in good shape and didn't require much correction. The parts that I didn't PPF (roof, rear doors, hatch, spoiler) don't appear to have any scratches that I can see.

The only parts that really show dirt are the gloss black parts, mainly the side skirts and front grille. It's a pretty easy color to take care of and doesn't even look that dirty when it's dirty. Than again, I haven't driven it in winter conditions and let it accumulate road grime and salts.

:Edit: I find the hardest parts to keep clean are the wheels, by far. Even after I wash them, they get pretty dirty real quick.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
I immediately paint corrected, PPF, and ceramic coated mine upon delivery. The shop that did the work said the paint was in good shape and didn't require much correction. The parts that I didn't PPF (roof, rear doors, hatch, spoiler) don't appear to have any scratches that I can see.

The only parts that really show dirt are the gloss black parts, mainly the side skirts and front grille. It's a pretty easy color to take care of and doesn't even look that dirty when it's dirty. Than again, I haven't driven it in winter conditions and let it accumulate road grime and salts.

:Edit: I find the hardest parts to keep clean are the wheels, by far. Even after I wash them, they get pretty dirty real quick.
Thanks for the input, sounds like the wheels should be ceramic coated and maybe ppf/ceramic the sideskirts

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My paint was bad. Lots of fallout... I expected it. My car was built in November and in my hands in March. During that time it is at a plant, port, ship, and port, rail across the nation.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_20230323_191541

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Time on the battlefield. Big and little round top to the rear.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread 20230518_105428

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_20230603_184633
This has been a long time coming. Finally drove out to Indiana to pick up on Saturday and I love this car!

Long story short this dealer claimed there were 7 people in front of me when I first joined the list in Dec or Jan. Somebody didn't want Boost Blue so they backed out and I got the call in February to place a deposit. I'm guessing only 1 person was in front of me after all.

Vehicle arrived in March but was damaged in transit. It was a great deal so I decided to be patient and it finally paid off 3 months later.

This is my first manual and I've only had 2 formal lessons and a spin around the block in my buddy's VW Golf but the Type R is by far the best to learn on. Getting more comfortable every day!
11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_20230605_081043
11th Gen Honda Civic Official BOOST BLUE FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_20230603_201533

Kevv_Her

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2018 Type R, 2013 Civic Ex
IMG_20230603_184633.jpg
This has been a long time coming. Finally drove out to Indiana to pick up on Saturday and I love this car!

Long story short this dealer claimed there were 7 people in front of me when I first joined the list in Dec or Jan. Somebody didn't want Boost Blue so they backed out and I got the call in February to place a deposit. I'm guessing only 1 person was in front of me after all.

Vehicle arrived in March but was damaged in transit. It was a great deal so I decided to be patient and it finally paid off 3 months later.

This is my first manual and I've only had 2 formal lessons and a spin around the block in my buddy's VW Golf but the Type R is by far the best to learn on. Getting more comfortable every day!
IMG_20230605_081043.jpg
IMG_20230603_201533.jpg
which dealer in Indy?