• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official CHAMPIONSHIP WHITE FL5 Type R Photos Thread

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Has anyone tried to figure out the logic behind the R numbers? I've seen many in the hundreds, but I'm confused how they could be beyond 10,000 when annual production is supposed to be capped around 4,800/year.

(Obviously this isn't the place for such a question, but thought I'd throw it out there.)

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Has anyone tried to figure out the logic behind the R numbers? I've seen many in the hundreds, but I'm confused how they could be beyond 10,000 when annual production is supposed to be capped around 4,800/year.

(Obviously this isn't the place for such a question, but thought I'd throw it out there.)
From my understanding, there is a bin with the plaques that they pull from during production. So the plaque number has little significance to your build order but VIN will show you the production.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
Greetings from NorCal.

Just got #R-11320 from Fargo, ND last week on 10/9/2023

Spoon Sport catalog coming, but for now enjoying the stock life for a bit.

IMG_6624.jpeg
Let us know if you need some pricing for those Spoon parts!

-Josh

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
From my understanding, there is a bin with the plaques that they pull from during production. So the plaque number has little significance to your build order but VIN will show you the production.
Ya know, part of me wants to insist that a big bin of plaques that are pulled and applied at random can't be so... but it certainly sounds like something Honda would do. Thank you for the quick reply!

sacherel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
4800 per year is US production only. There is no correlation for vin number and R number. R number is a global indicator of where in line your R was built

Reactions: CTR

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Ya know, part of me wants to insist that a big bin of plaques that are pulled and applied at random can't be so... but it certainly sounds like something Honda would do. Thank you for the quick reply!
I agree. It just doesn’t add up. There’s absolutely no way the plaques are entirely random, which is why you don’t see early cars with high plaque numbers and late models with low plaque numbers. The rumor that plaques are completely randomly applied lost some important context along the way, methinks. It’s the internet.

What I believe happens is that the plaques get applied in batches and simply don’t correspond 1:1 with each car as they come off the line. So there is a random nature to it. Maybe the first 10 or 20 cars had corresponding plaques, but beyond that it’s probably semi-mixed bag.

For example, let’s say a batch of cars is 100 cars. A batch of plaques is also 100. Within that batch of cars, car #50 off the production line might get plaque #78. But no cars in that batch would get plaque #101 or #2067 or #10892, as those plaques belong to future batches. So it’s random, but the randomness is limited to each batch of 100 cars, not 10,000+ cars. LOL!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
4800 per year is US production only. There is no correlation for vin number and R number. R number is a global indicator of where in line your R was built
What's your source on Japan producing 4,800 FL5's per year for the US? I think CarScoops was the first to say the plant in Japan is making 400/month and it seemed that was for the global market.

I believe there's no correlation between VIN and R number, but I think it's your VIN that's the indicator of where your car was built.