• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Tried to get fellow Type R owners from New England together at last week's Cars and Coffee in New Hampshire. Posting it in all color threads but Black (because that's the only missing color) to get to know more owners if they are in one of the nearby states. @CivicR38 is SGP, @urbo73 is RR, and I am CW. Other guys are not on the forum.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_2717.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread 20230611_102949

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread received_533425115502833

First Name
Haden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 civic si, 23 civic type r
Speaking of Curry Honda, I was gonna take my FL5 in to them for maintenance because they're close by. Do any of the ATL area dealers seem better than others for regular maintenance stuff?
@Drew30101 @Clark_Kent Georgia represent! :headbang: If we get a few more guys on here fr the area we should schedule a Southeast meet up, maybe next Autumn.

Nice! Squad Goals 🏆 @Clark_Kent I parked right next to the BB and wondered if he was excited to see another FL5 or hating lol. I don’t think he’s on the forums, he never responded to my photo.
Sonic grey in Bethlehem GA here,
@Drew30101 @Clark_Kent Georgia represent! :headbang: If we get a few more guys on here fr the area we should schedule a Southeast meet up, maybe next Autumn.

Nice! Squad Goals 🏆 @Clark_Kent I parked right next to the BB and wondered if he was excited to see another FL5 or hating lol. I don’t think he’s on the forums, he never responded to my photo.
I'm in Bethlehem, Sonic grey

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Sonic grey in Bethlehem GA here,

I'm in Bethlehem, Sonic grey
Welcome! Where did you purchase? Any photos?

I plan to schedule a meet for the GA FL5s. It would be great if you could make it. Be on the lookout for the thread in the coming weeks.

AvecVtec

First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FL5 Sonic Grey #7155
I'm not so adventurous ahahahaha that's enough for me to set up a bike and roof rack!

darth vader

First Name
darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
Curious being a reasonably new Sonic Gray Pearl FL5 owner myself, what specification difference accounts for the difference in orange vs clear headlight indicator lights between the examples seen on this thread?

Hope I didn't miss it being noted already.

Seen owner from Italy having the same clear indicator mine has.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Curious being a reasonably new Sonic Gray Pearl FL5 owner myself, what specification difference accounts for the difference in orange vs clear headlight indicator lights between the examples seen on this thread?

Hope I didn't miss it being noted already.

Seen owner from Italy having the same clear indicator mine has.
The orange indicator in the headlights is country specific. For example, all cars in North America are required to have an orange reflector in the headlights. Conversely, you will see the FL5 CTR with clear indicators in the headlight in Australia, Japan, Belgium, Germany, Italy, and other countries. The clear indicator looks much cleaner in my opinion.

darth vader

First Name
darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
The orange indicator in the headlights is country specific. For example, all cars in North America are required to have an orange reflector in the headlights. Conversely, you will see the FL5 CTR with clear indicators in the headlight in Australia, Japan, Belgium, Germany, Italy, and other countries. The clear indicator looks much cleaner in my opinion.
@Clark_Kent

Thanks, I agree about it looking cleaner.

mutasim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Civic Type R
SGP R-10849 reporting. Just picked it up on Monday and dropped it off at a detailer to get a front PPF and 5 year ceramic coating and got it back today. Dealer left it untouched and all the original plastics and coating on it. Man, this color looks SO much better in person. Everyone that's seen it has loved it so far and I'm already starting to notice the looks in the parking lot and on the road.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_0497

ClarkDX

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
SGP R-10849 reporting. Just picked it up on Monday and dropped it off at a detailer to get a front PPF and 5 year ceramic coating and got it back today. Dealer left it untouched and all the original plastics and coating on it. Man, this color looks SO much better in person. Everyone that's seen it has loved it so far and I'm already starting to notice the looks in the parking lot and on the road.

IMG_0497.jpeg
Handsome! Congrats