• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
@Drew30101 @Clark_Kent Georgia represent! :headbang: If we get a few more guys on here fr the area we should schedule a Southeast meet up, maybe next Autumn.

Nice! Squad Goals šŸ† @Clark_Kent I parked right next to the BB and wondered if he was excited to see another FL5 or hating lol. I donā€™t think heā€™s on the forums, he never responded to my photo.
Definitely! Just let me know when and where. There are at least five of us in GA on the forums if my memory serves me.
Sponsored

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have yet to see another FL5 on the road in GA. The only two I've seen in person were the Boost Blue FL5s for sale at Curry Honda in Chamblee. I did come come back to this one day...
20230413_115109_edited.jpeg
Speaking of Curry Honda, I was gonna take my FL5 in to them for maintenance because they're close by. Do any of the ATL area dealers seem better than others for regular maintenance stuff?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Speaking of Curry Honda, I was gonna take my FL5 in to them for maintenance because they're close by. Do any of the ATL area dealers seem better than others for regular maintenance stuff?
I can't speak to their Service; however, I will take my car there when the time comes because it's conveniently located. Perhaps other locals can provide perspective on their Service Dept.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
I wonder the same. We brought our ā€˜22 Si to Curry Honda for an oil change last year, it took them 2 hours! And we had an appointment lol. But really no other complaints, pretty routine stuff.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Picked her up this morning from Performance Honda in Fairfield, OH and drove back home to Alabama. The dealer honored my request of minimal PDI and not washing it, so I kept all the plastics on when driving it back home (will be putting PPF on the front end soon). 52k OTD

It's my first manual car and so far it has exceeded all expectations!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_2842.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_2840.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic Official SONIC GRAY PEARL FL5 Type R Photos Thread IMG_2843.JPG

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Picked her up this morning from Performance Honda in Fairfield, OH and drove back home to Alabama. The dealer honored my request of minimal PDI and not washing it, so I kept all the plastics on when driving it back home (will be putting PPF on the front end soon). 52k OTD

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG
Great deal - congrats!

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG
Great deal! Were you on a waiting list or did you just get lucky finding a dealer with a reasonable price?

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great deal! Were you on a waiting list or did you just get lucky finding a dealer with a reasonable price?
Thanks! I found a dealer willing to do 5k markup (thanks to @AspecR for posting all the dealer allocations) The lower sale tax around here on cars (~4%) is what helped keep the otd price lower. Iā€™m super happy with it for the price I paid

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG
Congrats man! What part of AL are you in? I'm up north.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats man! What part of AL are you in? I'm up north.
Bham! I have yet to see another fl5 around here... picking this up yesterday was actually the first time i'd seen one in person :)

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Bham! I have yet to see another fl5 around here... picking this up yesterday was actually the first time i'd seen one in person :)
Nice! I'm in Huntsville. I actually bought my car in Birmingham back in Feb. Got it from Brannon Honda. Had my ppf installed at Insane Paint Auto Detailing in Pelham. Great guys.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I'm in Huntsville. I actually bought my car in Birmingham back in Feb. Got it from Brannon Honda. Had my ppf installed at Insane Paint Auto Detailing in Pelham. Great guys.
Nice! I bought my previous Civic from them, a 17 EX. Wanted to get my fl5 from them but they had no clue if they would get another. So I have you to thank for having to fly to Ohio šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll check out that detailing shop, how much did they charge you for ppf if you donā€™t mind me asking?

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Nice! I bought my previous Civic from them, a 17 EX. Wanted to get my fl5 from them but they had no clue if they would get another. So I have you to thank for having to fly to Ohio šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll check out that detailing shop, how much did they charge you for ppf if you donā€™t mind me asking?
Glad I can help out a fellow member šŸ˜…

I think the cost of ppf for me was 4500 for full coverage. I had other things added on so I don't remember my total. This was my first vehicle getting ppf and such, so I have no clue if I overpaid or not. I'm sure others on here can chime in if I did or didn't.